Not Able To Operate Land Unit From Spain?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
jakemon

Not Able To Operate Land Unit From Spain?

Post by jakemon »

It's 1943, Spain joined the Axis several turns ago, and it's time to react to the invasion of France. Is it expected
that land units cannot operate across the Spanish frontier into non-Vichy France?

A screenshot (I cannot currently upload) shows the AT unit cannot select a hex on the French side of the border. The
same is true for the Italian corps and the Spanish army. They can march across. Air units can operate across.

Note the German corps in Bordeaux (supply = 5) cannot operate into Spain, but can operate into adjacent hexes, and
march south into Spain.
Attachments
noperate.jpg
noperate.jpg (200.26 KiB) Viewed 80 times
sPzAbt653

RE: Not Able To Operate Land Unit From Spain?

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Is Bayonne at 5 or better ? If (NO) that is why, if (YES) then wait and see what happens next turn, because I have not experienced this and don't know why it is happening at the moment.

A hint to players who haven't figured this out yet, by bombing Bayonne below 5 you can prevent the Operate movement as we see in the screen shot. This can come in handy to prevent your opponent reinforcing critical areas at critical times [;)]
jakemon

RE: Not Able To Operate Land Unit From Spain?

Post by jakemon »

Yes- you're right: Bayonne strength = 4, and I now see the final bullet of manual section 6.3.2 Operational Movement
has "The origin, destination and all through points must have a strength of at least 5." Thank you.

Return to “Tech Support”