Dragonhold (1.02)

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
ErissN6

Dragonhold (1.02)

Post by ErissN6 »

Some say Dragonhold campaign is too difficult, so I test it (and in Legendary difficulty).

Yes, the beginning is very though. We have only one Heroe and 2 provinces, very soon attacked by IronBarony then Vessoi.
We hage 2 agents. I 1st sent a diplomat to V.Palatinate, to improve their relations with Galeni so they recognise the legitimacy (game goal). It took maybe 20 turns then I sent the diplomat to the IronB orcs, even I'm at war with (intended or bug?).
Our only hero will see so much battles that he will be very soon GrandMarshall (game goal).

We must in all case keep our Wrenloft capital with all their forts, they really helps to protect.
We must raise troops, the sooner. Our 2nd Tagenrest province is attacked, wait turns as I.Barony and Vessoi battle for it, go only before one is about to submit it, then come back in capital, to protect and spare the money.
When you have much troops, don't forget you can keep them for free in build zone, 20 max undeployed. Then I went to capture Tagenrest, hill region of Vessoi. I had to then defend it several times: park your units arround only one victory point, standing on the hills. And fear the vessoi Werewolf! Here build the barracks and try to fill it with HighGuards.
Then somehow orcs asked for peace. Don't take Bressec vessoi totem, as it's a plain region and it will be too costly to defend. Then 10 turns later Vessoi asked too for peace.
So by turn 45 I have 3 provinces, Neutral with I.Barony (-17+20=+3) and Dunmar (+5), Suspicious with Vessoi (-7).

I'll ask the orcs for a Non-Aggression treaty, so it give me one turn if they decide to attack. I may attack dunmar just to take their OdenPoint hill province. Then I'll send the diplomat to Vessoi, as I no longer want anything from them save peace. Orcs will attack, and if I'm ready with my 4 mountainous provinces (defendable) I'll begin to invade orcs so it helps to reach the last goal, magical.
ErissN6

RE: Dragonhold (1.02)

Post by ErissN6 »

So I took OdenPoint from Dunmar. Just that. That I filled with barracks and the HighGuards that I moved from the north. Then with this 4th province, soon arrived a 2nd heroe! Yeay, it's not too much!
The orcs didn't attack me, they were constantly busy with elves. I had to brake my own Non-aggression treaty. I begin to invade their Ushkalor province then immediatly JaraDoom, which eat me much units, even my unique TheGrandmarshall flyer cavalry.
In this war I had not to care about my capital, as I filled it with CloudDragons, Wyverns, Ballistas and WrenloftDragonknights. But I can't use them out from the capital, as it will immediatly destroy my economy.
When I captured Jaradoom, I agree a peace with orcs. At now I feel secure and will slowly win.
Breca

Post by Breca »

With the coming large patch, starting units for all realms will be rebalanced. Right now, Dragonhold is very slender on units at the start of the game, and with a fast-producing realm like Iron Barony on its border, this makes life very challenging. Dragonhold is intended as a resolute bastion of civilization in the North, but right now it struggles to hang on.

Good Hunting!

Breca
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Orcs attacked me again. I don't defend JaraDoom as it's defending by itself, eating troops. By the way I spare money so I use my monster army of my capital to free Jaradoom. It cost me 3000 gold for this one turn big raid lol
I captured Redfall and SplitterPass, where I built barracks again to please my HighGuards army.
So I have now 3 Landmarks, I think I'll stop here my expansion, I should win, with my magical reach, in 20 turns.
I won't take Bressec as dragonhold army is not made for plains, or we must be super rich to use here our dragons and wyverns cavalry...
I was very surprised being attacked by CorVilaad dwarves, they are though. Okay, they hate me so much, but I won't take their montains, it would bring me next to their capital. Same with orcs, I wont continue south as I'll be next to their capital, or in plains or wastelands.
My 6 provinces suffice for the win..
As my capital is safe now, I destroyed all its forts, to put economy or magical buildings.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Turn 149, I thought I had won as I had at last learnt the MorningGlory spell, that's why I was not hurrying.. This is not the end! More goals arise! I choose to befriend with Galeni, they have to prevail with their old honor&wisdom.
Finally I'll have to conquier far more provinces, in the name of Galeni. Orcs will die.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

I was pleased by the new goals (But I felt without them it would be some a short campaign despite its hard start).
I reload the game: the 4 new texts goal have disappeared, there only is their area.
This game is so bugged. I had report others but there are so many it's boring, I already had stopped doing this (I saw some others, but not blocking, while doing this campaign). I guess many early access players were even more fed up too, having report and see almost nothing had changed. But now it seems there are some more devs working. Still for how many time?

Soon 1.1: It's begginning to feel like EadorMotBW: bugged product, they added features and it brought more bugs than they corrected. Now the studio died.

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”