Stacking limit info - help!

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

Stacking limit info - help!

Post by Yaab »

Scen 100, Allies, stock map with stacking levels

Hex's stacking limit info is displayed by default in the upper right-hand corner of the game screen (see jpg below). However, the three buttons there make the stacking limits info totally unreadable. Is there any way to move the string of words starting with the word "Forecast" to the left?

witpqs

RE: Stacking limit info - help!

Post by witpqs »

Just FYI - does not help you - with a wider screen the stacking limit info is fully displayed. I guess the narrower screen provides too little real estate for that.
kevin_hx

Post by kevin_hx »

Hi, Yaab
Where is your map style to find?
It is NICE.

thanks.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Just FYI - does not help you - with a wider screen the stacking limit info is fully displayed. I guess the narrower screen provides too little real estate for that.

Thanks. I am running the game on an old lappy, 15' inch screen with 1200x800 resolution. I will try higher resolutions and see how the info behaves.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: kevin_hx

Hi, Yaab
Where is your map style to find?
It is NICE.

thanks.

Nice is an understatement. The map is a work of ART. The map is called the Topographical 2 Map with Labels.

Email Chemkid for the map and beg him to release his Topographical 2 Map with Labels for a wider audience. Unfortunately, he only has done the stock map in this style.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

No luck with higher resolutions. Highest one supported by my lappy is 1600 x 1050. No change in the info string placement - it still floats behind the three buttons.

Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

I have a twenty inch monitor running 1650 by 1050 and I still can't see it.
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Thank you, it works! Can I nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize? My Lenovo lives to see another day.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

No luck with higher resolutions. Highest one supported by my lappy is 1600 x 1050. No change in the info string placement - it still floats behind the three buttons.

chemkid's solution is great!

But why do you say this one is higher resolution than the first pic? It is the same number of hexes across, I counted. Whatever you did to make it be higher resolution did not work.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: chemkid

hi there!

here's the cure for your 'low resolution' problem:

(btw, screen snip is at 1200x800px - yeah!)

download here ----> Invisible Buttons MOD

please exchange the image file 'Button2.bmp' with your vanilla file inside the ART folder or use GME and activate this mod - please make a backup of your precious ART folder before modding.

enjoy!
chem!
Very cool!
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

But why do you say this one is higher resolution than the first pic? It is the same number of hexes across, I counted. Whatever you did to make it be higher resolution did not work.

Silly me. I have played WiTP:AE for a very long time on 1200 x 800 laptop, that it never occurred to me that I need to add px and py switches for the resolution change to take effect. I can attest that higher resolution works and the uppermost text string is now moved to the left. My question if what is the native resolution of WiTP:AE then in full window mode?

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Silly me. I have played WiTP:AE for a very long time on 1200 x 800 laptop, that it never occurred to me that I need to add px and py switches for the resolution change to take effect. I can attest that higher resolution works and the uppermost text string is now moved to the left. My question if what is the native resolution of WiTP:AE then in full window mode?
I don't know that the term "native resolution" really has meaning in that context. AE in windowed mode has a lower limit (the doc says it, I forget what it is) and an upper limit which people have sort of found by trial and error. AFAIK all the resolutions that work are treated equally.

But if you mean basically 'designer's intent', I think it would be the minimum size that displays all the items on the banner lines (top line being longer, so the top line).
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Thanks. Running this game on a resolution higher than 1200 x 800 on 15' screen is not really an option as the hexes and labels get small, but if you have a big screen and can run the game on a very high resolution then the Chemkid's Topo 2 map is the way to go. Looked gorgeous in 1680 x 1050 even though trying to click on selected hexes was like dropping bombs from a very high altitude.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Thanks. Running this game on a resolution higher than 1200 x 800 on 15' screen is not really an option as the hexes and labels get small, but if you have a big screen and can run the game on a very high resolution then the Chemkid's Topo 2 map is the way to go. Looked gorgeous in 1680 x 1050 even though trying to click on selected hexes was like dropping bombs from a very high altitude.
You might see if "cheating" by toggling F6 helps. That's the one showing hex side codes (what units can pass each hex side terrain-wise: land, sea, both, none, river crossing...). Whenever the map I am using masks the hex boundaries I just hit F6 to make the hexes pop out.

Return to “Tech Support”