Resource Transport Question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Aranthus

Resource Transport Question

Post by Aranthus »

I am setting up Japan. I have placed a convoy in the South China Sea (no other convoys deployed), and I am trying to transport the Hainan resource to Canton, which I thought was a port on both Sea of Japan and the South China Sea. However, the system will not accept the transport route. Is this a bug or do resources to Canton have to go through the Sea of Japan?
Aranthus

RE: Resource Transport Question

Post by Aranthus »

Also, when I try to set the route manually, the program says that there is not route from Hainan to Canton. How can that be if they are both ports on the South China Sea, and I have a convoy in that sea zone?
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

Also My bad. Canton is a port on the China Sea, not Sea of Japan. But isn't it also a port on the South China Sea?
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: Aranthus

Also My bad. Canton is a port on the China Sea, not Sea of Japan. But isn't it also a port on the South China Sea?
Unfortunately, not the way the map is set up.

If you declared war on Portugal for Macau, you could do what you are trying, but not the way the map is setup.

Take a look at Osaka (in Japan) to see a port that spans 2 sea areas.

Dave
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

I think I understand your point, but I can see blue on both sides of the sea zone line in Canton. Since Portugal is neutral, why wouldn't the Japanese be able to trace through Macau?
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

I think I understand your point, but I can see blue on both sides of the sea zone line in Canton. Since Portugal is neutral, why wouldn't the Japanese be able to trace through Macau?
There is a Dark Blue line on one side of the hex, meaning that the port is in the China Sea. When it is for both zones, the line will be in the middle (as Osaka is).

The other problem is the Chinese own the hexes on either side and CW on the third side. If you take control of the shore hexes between Canton and Hainan, that will also address your problem

You can not use the neutral country port. It needs to be aligned or conquered. Obviously it is necessary, for now to put a convoy in China Sea. You should have about 6 convoy points there anyway to deal with the Chinese resources that need to go to Japan.

Dave
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

The port of Canton is both adjacent to the South China Sea and the China Sea.

You should be able to route the resource out of Hainan to the factory in Canton. To do so, you put in a default setting during the preliminary production phase. Personally, I never make any changes for production planning in any other phases than that one and the final production planning phase.
Peter
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

The port of Canton is both adjacent to the South China Sea and the China Sea.

You should be able to route the resource out of Hainan to the factory in Canton. To do so, you put in a default setting during the preliminary production phase. Personally, I never make any changes for production planning in any other phases than that one and the final production planning phase.

That's what I thought. I will try again in the preliminary production phase. Right now, the program won't let me do it.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I am setting up Japan. I have placed a convoy in the South China Sea (no other convoys deployed), and I am trying to transport the Hainan resource to Canton, which I thought was a port on both Sea of Japan and the South China Sea. However, the system will not accept the transport route. Is this a bug or do resources to Canton have to go through the Sea of Japan?
I suspect that the problem is that there is no Japanese land unit in Canton and the Chinese have a ZOC into the hex. That would prevent the resource from reaching Canton.

If you set up any Japanese land unit in Canton and a convoy in the South China Sea, the route should be valid.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”