Command v1.12 Release Candidate (CURRENT: B936.9)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

RE: Command v1.12 Release Candidate

Post by ColonelMolerat »

Ignore!

I responded to something without realising it had been answered in a post I missed.
lamboman43

Post by lamboman43 »

ORIGINAL: dwbennett

Question: Does the Build 936.6 update have to be applied to a v1.11 SR7 installation or can it be applied to a Build 936.5 update?

You should be able to install it over the 936.5 build.

Also, I'm more than a little surprised to see another Wyomingite on here. I live in Laramie, currently finishing up school. I'm originally from Cheyenne.
dwbennett

Post by dwbennett »

You should be able to install it over the 936.5 build.

Well, it didn't work for my install. I ended up reinstalling everything and am back to v1.11 SR7. Yes, I backed up but things just didn't work correctly so I reinstalled. Kind of a pain.
Also, I'm more than a little surprised to see another Wyomingite on here. I live in Laramie, currently finishing up school. I'm originally from Cheyenne.

I'm originally from Gillette and graduated from U of WY in 1976 with a degree in ChEngr. After some time in the Chicago and Denver areas I arrived in Evanston in 1983 and been here ever since. My kids are living in or work in Cheyenne.

Take care,
Don Bennett
Evanston, WY
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.12 Release Candidate (Build 936.7)

Download: Superseded by Build 936.8

To install: Unzip the contents to your existing Command installation folder, answering Yes to any overwrite prompts.

NOTE #1: Backup your existing installation.
NOTE #2: You must have an existing working v1.11 SR7 installation. Sitting over an older installation is not supported and may have unpredictable results.
NOTE #3: The major new features of the "Chains Of War" DLC are included in this build but disabled. They will be enabled when the DLC is installed.

Build 936.7 Release Notes (changes/additions since Build 936.6)
=============================================================================================

* RE-FIXED: Duplicate log messages
* FIXED: #11586: Harpoons fired on a Bearing Only are not following waypoints
* FIXED: Mission Editor UI problem (cannot assign group members to mission)
* Fixed: Mine navigation improvements
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.12 Release Candidate (Build 936.8)

Download: Superseded by Build 936.9

To install: Unzip the contents to your existing Command installation folder, answering Yes to any overwrite prompts.

NOTE #2: You must have an existing working v1.11 SR7 installation. Sitting over an older installation is not supported and may have unpredictable results.
NOTE #3: The major new features of the "Chains Of War" DLC are included in this build but disabled. They will be enabled when the DLC is installed.

Build 936.8 Release Notes (changes/additions since Build 936.7)
=============================================================================================

* FIXED: Hosted units not removed when host unit is removed (ScenEdit mode)
* Lua: Fixed 'Destroyed Unit' event kicking in on DeleteUnit()
* Mine navigation updates
* Fixed: "Ignore Plotted Course" edge case for A/C on ASW with localization course
* UI tweak: Display "No-Cav" on Unit Status panel for vessel that is reducing speed to avoid cavitation
* FIXED: Group lead took into account sprint-drifters when slowing down to allow group reform (thus entire group freezing in place)
trebor6669

Post by trebor6669 »

Sorry if this has been discussed and I didn't see it.

Is anyone else seeing issues with aircraft course changes?
I change a course and the plane just oscillates a few degrees either direction from its current course.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: rknoll

I change a course and the plane just oscillates a few degrees either direction from its current course.

New thread in Tech Support forum with suitable save file, please. Thanks!
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi rknoll, I cant say Im seeing that, my planes change course with no problems..
lamboman43

Post by lamboman43 »

ORIGINAL: rknoll

Have a look at build 936.6. It's been fixed in that build.
trebor6669

Post by trebor6669 »

Sunburn

Thanks. i didnt want to hit Tech Support if it was just me. adding it now.
trebor6669

Post by trebor6669 »

Hi
Thanks

I'm still seeing it in 936.8.
rmwilsonjr

Post by rmwilsonjr »

Just went from RC B936.2 to B936.8 and program won't open. Says it is missing a command.exe file. B936.2 worked fine. Do I have to download the builds serially (936.2, 936.3, 936.4. . . ) or what is going on?
Richard
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Check that you virus scanner has not removed it. That happens with my scanner; I get alerted that it is suspect because it is very new file.
Michael
rmwilsonjr

Post by rmwilsonjr »

Thanks, michaelm. That was it.
Richard
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.12 Release Candidate (Build 936.9)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing

Build 936.9 Release Notes (changes/additions since Build 936.8)

* Fixed: Aircraft don't turn on radars in patrol zones when using high fidelity
* Fixed: Grouped tankers with "Allow Refuel Tankers" doctrine do all kinds of weird stuff
* If the scenario save path does not "sit under" the \Scenarios folder, the game forcefully defaults to the latter
* Various performance tweaks
mazex

Post by mazex »

Wow - massive performance increase and UI responsiveness compared to 1.11 SR7 (the current Steam version).

I have not played CMANO in a while and therefore not used 1.11 as I remember it. Booted a rather massive scenario I did myself way back when during the beta (Baltic Storm - available in the workshop) that I use as I want to see that it still works :) It has been upgraded incrementally but contains a lot of old stuff so it is nice to see if it still works in new versions...

In 1.11 SR7 it really runs very sluggish, and one of the main problems is that the WPF (?) UI seems to have been updated and does not render well at all (Windows 10 x64 creators update - Nvidia 970). At many times the UI controls in the right pane (unit info) does not "paint" and I get grey unpainted arifacts etc. And the scenario besides acts different than before in some occations where it feels "unexpected" as Units do not follow their orders (someone fired an early strike on a Swedish ship etc). Just did one playthrough "without interaction" before I went to the forum to find information about the "paint problem" in the UI and found this patch...

Loaded this RC, and it feels noticeably faster than any previous version I have tested, and the UI renders correctly - even under heavy load (15-30 sec pulse interval and massive action). When clicking between different units there is a noticeable reduction of the time it takes to update the side panels (and they render correctly). Seems like a winner!

Without further information as it would require a more scientific test approach with repeated tests and validation against previous data my old "test scenario" plays out better than any time previoulsy. Waves of bombers tasked with targets do not end up flying in circles and get "lost" after evading SAM:s. They actually resume their missions etc. Missions that previoulsy felt like they "got lost in the mess" now go through. Feels better than any test I have done just from a gut feeling.

Thanks! /Mazex
Tiefer, Tiefer...

Captain Lehmann-Willenbrock - "Das Boot"
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thank you for your feedback Mazex [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
mazex

Post by mazex »

OK - a bug report for Build 936.9 (but it might be from a previous version).

When I try to add a new mission from the mission editor a modal dialog is opened - but that dialog is too small, is not resizable and has no scroll bars so impossible to create new missions...

Windows 10 x64 Creators update - all updates to .NET framework etc.

Tiefer, Tiefer...

Captain Lehmann-Willenbrock - "Das Boot"
Doctorwarthog

Post by Doctorwarthog »

Yeah, I got that too. Delete your command.ini file.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”