Soviet Union's emergency reinforcements?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

Soviet Union's emergency reinforcements?

Post by Yaab »

Does Soviet Union get emergency reinforcements if Japan decides to attack SU between December 1941 and August 1945? Thanks.
BBfanboy

RE: Soviet Union's emergency reinforcements?

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Does Soviet Union get emergency reinforcements if Japan decides to attack SU between December 1941 and August 1945? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they do, but I can't quantify it from memory.
You can work it out yourself easily thusly:
- start a new GC in Head-to-Head mode so you control both sides
- on turn one or two, send recon planes over a soviet base - that will activate Russia
- run several more turns and see what comes in on the Russian side.

I know the navy gets 12 DDs (and one a bit later), and there are about 40 merchant ships. And a plethora of subs.
Russia starts out unprepared with little supply or fuel, inadequate forts, and untrained units. The aircraft are crap against Japanese fighters, but can do a good ground bombing campaign with several months training and some experience. Hit and hop to avoid reprisals.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

If activation assets (DD/CA, subs and AK/AKL/AM) count as reinforcements then yes. I don't think Russia gets anything extra in stock in terms of LCUs, and am certain that it does not get anything extra in terms of airgroups
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Have not seen any in the editor (Allied ones are marked)
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Thanks. Should have been more precise - I meant LCUs only.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”