Reinforcements

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

tombadenoch

Reinforcements

Post by tombadenoch »

Playing "Defensive position at Outreau" with British as human and German as AI. At turns 1,2,3,4 there is a reinforcement phase and British units are displayed - 3 at turn 1, 2 at turn 2, all 5 at turns 3 and 4. I have found no way to activate these units. German reinforcements seem to arrive without issue. If I reverse the roles, the British reinforcements seem to arrive but the German's do not.

As a secondary observation, most German off board fire landed among theie own positions.
Paullus

RE: Reinforcements

Post by Paullus »

There should be no reinforcements for the British in the scenario. I'll check the scenario to see if anything has gone wrong.

The landing of the AI OBA are to a certain degree randomized and as such could land among the own forces at some times.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Okay I understand what you mean now. What you are seeing is setup hexes numbered 1-5 for British units that are only in the scenario when the British are played by the AI. This is the way I balanced the scenario when the Human player plays against the AI. If there are any reinforcements units entering for the human player entering in any player turn they will be visible in the Unit Control Panel to the bottom left in the reinforcement segment.

I'll actually report the showing of the reinforcement segment when there are no units to enter as a bug to Peter. The Reinforcement Segment should be skipped when no units are due to enter.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Paullus
I'll actually report the showing of the reinforcement segment when there are no units to enter as a bug to Peter. The Reinforcement Segment should be skipped when no units are due to enter.

This will be fixed in the next coming update...cheers!
UP844

Post by UP844 »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Would it be also possible to skip the close combat segment when no CC-marked hexes are present?
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: tombadenoch

As a secondary observation, most German off board fire landed among theie own positions.
The OBA mechanics is the main reason I'm disappointed with this game. The other is no concealment growth is possible, and then there's the clunky performance issues and UI.
I was a die-hard SLer from the '70's and had high hopes for this game. And please don't tell me that I just need to play a harder scenario.
simovitch

Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Someone on Steam said pretty much the same thing yesterday. It's tough, as on one hand it is a one-man-band developer working half his life on this. But on the other, consumers are spending their hard-earned cash, when other potentially more polished options are out there. The free community scenarios pretty much saved the game for me.

Ronald Wendt's new Army General on Steam has an excellent UI, and he is a small dev. Could be the SL/ASL connection boxed the designer in creatively, and a better UI was not to be.
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

Haven`t read the reviews on steam ,
Peter and co ? , well what can be said that hasn`t been :) , outstanding :).
Nowadays if people have $50 to spend and a world of options they can pick and chose which
is the better value for money ( and so they should ).
The community contribution is outstanding as much as the development of the game.
I really don`t know how many polished games I do have sitting on my computer ,
I jump from one to another continuously :). But I always knock over a couple of scenarios of Toth a week.

To expect more than what the publisher promised ?

` I'm not trying to compete with other game companies, I'm just working on a game that I want to play
and share it with the rest of the world. -Peter -
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: fuselex

Haven`t read the reviews on steam ,
Peter and co ? , well what can be said that hasn`t been :) , outstanding :).
Nowadays if people have $50 to spend and a world of options they can pick and chose which
is the better value for money ( and so they should ).
The community contribution is outstanding as much as the development of the game.
I really don`t know how many polished games I do have sitting on my computer ,
I jump from one to another continuously :). But I always knock over a couple of scenarios of Toth a week.

To expect more than what the publisher promised ?

` I'm not trying to compete with other game companies, I'm just working on a game that I want to play
and share it with the rest of the world. -Peter -

+1 nicely said![:)]

I too have a bunch of games on my computer and as most of you know the Campaign Series is my favorite. But on occasion
and due to overload I get to a super saturation point with Campaign Series and Campaign Series Middle East.
It is then in that fleeting moment of time when I turn, jump head long, into Tigers on the Hunt for that change, for that relaxation, for that unrivaled enjoyment but most of all
to clear the Campaign Series system cobwebs out of my head and start fresh anew. Just like a kid in a candy store again, what a rush!

Some will banter on that its not Advanced Squad Leader. Well I say its DAMN close and I love it and always will.

From the bottom of my heart Thank You Peter!

You did very good in bringing your game to the world!!

May success always follow your flag![;)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan
Some will banter on that its not Advanced Squad Leader. Well I say its DAMN close and I love it and always will.

+1
From the bottom of my heart Thank You Peter!

+2
You did very good in bringing your game to the world!!

+3
May success always follow your flag![;)]

+4

[:)]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: UP844

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Would it be also possible to skip the close combat segment when no CC-marked hexes are present?

Good point, let me see what can be done...I will look into it.

Return to “Tech Support”