Climb Mt. Niitaka - Xargun vs Mr Kane

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Xargun

June 28th, 1942

Post by Xargun »

A month has passed since my last update and I have captured Soerbaja but fighting is still going on in Java - over 30 Allied units are located in two large groups that will take a little bit to crack.

Here is the Intel Screen - the allies are crushing it in the air with over 6000 sorties last turn. With the complete lack of air activity - other than B-17 bombings and an occasional sweep or CAP - he must be training the hell out of his pilots.

Attachments
Intel.jpg
Intel.jpg (294.58 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

RE: June 28th, 1942

Post by Xargun »

Here is the modified list of CVs I'm accelerating.

Attachments
CVs.jpg
CVs.jpg (282.08 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Here is the CVE list. Not much here and soon every thing here will be stopped.

Attachments
CVE.jpg
CVE.jpg (275.46 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Here are the DDs - since I'm accelerating some. I am able to accelerate the CVs (shown above) and these DDs while maintaining a positive Naval Shipyard. Gaining roughly 6-10 Nav Shipyard points per turn.

Attachments
DD.jpg
DD.jpg (297.21 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Here is the top of the list of sunk Allied Ships. From what I can tell this list is mostly accurate - the FoW ships have fallen off. I am surprised by the number of Subs I have sunk and damaged this game. Mr Kane is using them mostly in shallow waters which is helping me and my losses to them have been very few.

Attachments
AlliedShipsSunk.jpg
AlliedShipsSunk.jpg (297.6 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Here is the list of sunken IJN ships. As you can see I haven't really lost any warships.

Attachments
IJNSunk.jpg
IJNSunk.jpg (301.39 KiB) Viewed 43 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

I hope to get another turn back from Mr Kane tonight and am planning on posting some theater updates as well as my aircraft R&D.
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Here is a screen shot of the Industry tab in Tracker.

Attachments
Industry.jpg
Industry.jpg (214.95 KiB) Viewed 42 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

Here is the Intel Screen - the allies are crushing it in the air with over 6000 sorties last turn. With the complete lack of air activity - other than B-17 bombings and an occasional sweep or CAP - he must be training the hell out of his pilots.

Agreed. Some will be CAP, but I would strongly suspect a large training program. Allies have supply, so they can train anything and everything.
Pax
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I don't know this mod, but I'm guessing that the Shinano is another Taiho class CV? If so, you've got the right mix.
Pax
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

You should have enough MerSY points to build the Kaiyo/Shinyo. They arrive early enough to help you keep control through the end of '43 ...
Pax
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Here is a screen shot of the Industry tab in Tracker.
OK, so roughly 42Jul01.
Res/Oil/Fuel/Supply all look pretty good overall for this calendar date.

HI is low, but that's because it appears you have built and are still building a ton of engines ... already at 41/day (+1200/month) and still expanding. That's more than I build for this calendar date, but if its the right models (Ha-45 for example) then it just a question of timing, not expense.

You've got both HI and Oil factories that are not repaired ... depending where they are, but those I generally repair. HI is only 500 days to get positive ROI, there are a lot of place that you will keep secure until past 1/1/44. Ditto Oil centres, even though the ROI isn't as clean, fuel is a limiter for the economy overall. So tend to repair those if I think I will hold them for at least 500 days.

Pax
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

HI is low, but that's because it appears you have built and are still building a ton of engines ... already at 41/day (+1200/month) and still expanding. That's more than I build for this calendar date, but if its the right models (Ha-45 for example) then it just a question of timing, not expense.

I am still expanding the Ha-32 engine factories. With intel from other games the Ha-33 and Ha-32 engines are built in thousands and support a lot of the later aircraft I will be flying so I am expanding them (into the 300s) and building up a stockpile - I have no doubt I will use them. The other engines - Ha-34 and Ha-35 I am only building enough to stay above 500 for the R&D bonus.
You've got both HI and Oil factories that are not repaired ... depending where they are, but those I generally repair. HI is only 500 days to get positive ROI, there are a lot of place that you will keep secure until past 1/1/44. Ditto Oil centres, even though the ROI isn't as clean, fuel is a limiter for the economy overall. So tend to repair those if I think I will hold them for at least 500 days.

I have damaged Oil in Magwe which I do not plan repairing - to easy for him to bomb them and not sure I will hold them long enough to make it worthwhile.
I will look over the damaged HI but I believe a lot of it was in places I captured and not sure I will hold long enough. But I will look it over since its only 1.5 years to break even.

Xargun

Post by Xargun »

You should have enough MerSY points to build the Kaiyo/Shinyo. They arrive early enough to help you keep control through the end of '43 ...

They do not come with any air groups - should I still build them?
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

I don't know this mod, but I'm guessing that the Shinano is another Taiho class CV? If so, you've got the right mix.

Yes, the Shinano is another Taiho. I missed that when I first did my CV planning.
Xargun

July 1st, 1942

Post by Xargun »

Java is moving along now that I own Batavia and Soerbaja - both good ports for moving men and supplies in. The two allied strongpoints are at:

Bandoeng with 18 anemy units
Tjitlatjap with 17 enemy units

Attachments
Java.jpg
Java.jpg (316.28 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

RE: July 1st, 1942

Post by Xargun »

Southern China has ground to a halt. I am slowly moving my men into position to assault Changsha, but its slow going. I am also still trying to clean up Kukong. Recon shows the following:

Changsha - 16 units
Chengteh (I own) - 6 enemy units. Reiforcements from Ichang will clear the train and help push back the Chinese from here
Pingsiang (dot base south of Changsha) has 6 enemy units
Kukong - 7 enemy units
Nanning - 4 enemy units
Chihkiang - 6 enemy units

Once I take Changsha the rest of the rail should fall fairly easily.

Attachments
SouthChina.jpg
SouthChina.jpg (449.34 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Mid China is going slow as well. I have captured everything to the north and don't have enough forces to take the middle bases. I am holding still while waiting for actions in the south to free up men.

Sining - 2 enemy units facing off against 3 small armor units. I attack every few days against horrible odds, but suffer no losses due to the Chinese having no anti-armor there. - hard to keep the units supplied
Lanchow - 13 enemy units plus 1 just south of it

Attachments
MidChina.jpg
MidChina.jpg (455.62 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

SW Pacific is very slow. Not much activity from the allies other than what looks like piling every unit he can into Port Moresby. Recon shows 24 units there; over 43k men, 655 guns and 755 AFVs. I have two divisions in the mountains east of there but don't think they will be enough to crack that. Need to rethink.

Have not spotted any allied activity in the Solomons.

Attachments
SWPacific.jpg
SWPacific.jpg (292.77 KiB) Viewed 42 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

They do not come with any air groups - should I still build them?
This is my thinking: they are MerSY points, which for me are almost like free because i have so many and they don't interfere with NSY builds. It's another ~60 AC in the KB, so like another Junyo ... except it they will take TWO bombs to sink, not just one. [:D]
Pax

Return to “After Action Reports”