Production delays

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

FriendlyKomissar

Production delays

Post by FriendlyKomissar »

Not sure if I have missed this from the manual or not.

I have noticed that playing the USSR units that are ordered do not seem to arrive, especially when the axis is advancing/destroying units or taking cities. As the axis advance they just don't seem to deploy so it is very difficult to keep pace with the axis when they are destroying 5 - 10 soviet armies per turn. At first I just put it down to my impatience but then I started counting the units I order, and if you are faced with loses they don't all seem to arrive. Then today, I noticed the units are still in the production queue well after they should have been deployed.

Thanks

Attachments
production_USSR_com.jpg
production_USSR_com.jpg (179.41 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Wisely keeping out of Comrade Stalin's way.
Sugar

RE: Production delays

Post by Sugar »

Silly question: you know that new units don`t deploy automatically?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

In the 'Purchase Units' screen, in the middle column there is 'Select Unit', '#' and 'PD'. PD = Purchase Delay, and that is how many turns you will have to wait after purchasing before the particular unit will arrive, and that is why in the screen shot you provided above you can see under each unit is the date on which in will arrive.
If you are saying that you already know all this and you still aren't getting units, then click on the 'New Units' tab at the top of the screen and units that are available will be there and you can deploy them.
FriendlyKomissar

ORIGINAL: Sugar

Silly question: you know that new units don`t deploy automatically?

Well not that silly a question - yes I do :)
ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

In the 'Purchase Units' screen, in the middle column there is 'Select Unit', '#' and 'PD'. PD = Purchase Delay, and that is how many turns you will have to wait after purchasing before the particular unit will arrive, and that is why in the screen shot you provided above you can see under each unit is the date on which in will arrive.
If you are saying that you already know all this and you still aren't getting units, then click on the 'New Units' tab at the top of the screen and units that are available will be there and you can deploy them.

Thanks for the detailed post. I am fully happy with the production delay, quite realistic in fact but for some reason in this particular game the "new units" didn't automaticly pop up at the start of the turn. It does in my other games so very strange. Clicking the "new units" manually does seem to allow them to be deployed. However the new units dialogue disappears once the unit is placed, so I have to click it again, and the ussr flag every time to deploy a unit. Very strange. Feel quite silly now...but happy to be able to place these units, as they were badly needed.

I guess when you get used to things popping up themselves when they don't, it just throws you off.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

It does pop up on its own here, and at various times, like at the beginning of a turn or when you end a turn. But on other poster said that it didn't, so maybe there is a setting somewhere ?
FriendlyKomissar

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

It does pop up on its own here, and at various times, like at the beginning of a turn or when you end a turn. But on other poster said that it didn't, so maybe there is a setting somewhere ?

Normally yes - in my games it usually pops up as you say at various times. There is a Canadian unit which cannot be placed (a ship, as the UK moved to Canada - it can't deploy at Halifax) so maybe that is causing the issue.

I did install some flag mods (i.e. realistic flags) so I will take that off as it might be causing issues.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

The New Units dialog should always appear at the start of the turn if there are units to be deployed.

If it continues not to appear then please let us know, as well as which version you're playing.

Thanks

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”