Hot Patch version 02.04.02.00

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Shannon V. OKeets

Hot Patch version 02.04.02.00

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Attached is a zipped file that contains Release Notes and the new MWIF.exe: version 02.04.02.00.

The reason for making this available as a hot patch is to correct the NetPlay bugs listed below.

NetPlay is getting better but I still have a half dozen minor bugs extant for NetPlay. For the next week I'll switch back to working on recently reported problems in Solitaire/Head-to-head.

===

Release Notes for (Hot Patch) Version 02.04.02.00

All Modes of Play

Naval Operations
1. On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of ships in a naval combat to exclude those that are aborting.

2. On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of Air-to-Sea factors in a naval air combat to reflect the weather conditions in the sea area (e.g., halved during Rain).

Partisans
3. Added code to prevent placing partisans in a non-frozen lake hex. This change also prevents having too many partisans to place. That is, the number of partisan units is never more than the number that have hexes in which they can arrive.

Production Planning

4. Changed the order in which the program attempts to find actions, destinations, and paths for resources during Production Planning, so the player’s most recent instructions are attempted before trying to use the actions and paths from the previous turn. The sequence is now: Override settings, Default settings, Most Recent settings, Last Turn settings, and, finally, try to find a new route. This should correct some (but not all) of the problems with the program ignoring recent changes and reverting to the actions, destinations, and paths used previously.

Production
5. Fixed a problem with repairing a Communist Chinese factory having no effect.

Reform Units
6. Fixed a problem with a non-fatal error occurring during the Reform phase when using the Unlimited Breakdown optional rule and a hex contains two manufactured divisional units but those units cannot be reformed into a corps/army in the Break Down Pool. The Reform form still appears when one of the divisions is selected but the only choice is to Cancel and exit the form. An informative message is also displayed before the form appears.

Player Interface
7. Disabled minimizing the game. This had been causing frequent Mad Except error in the (opaque/incomprehensible) Theme Engine code.

Other
8. Fixed a problem with Scrap Destroyed Units where if the game was saved in the middle of this phase, when it was restored, the Scrap Destroyed Units form did not appear.

Cosmetic
9. Fixed a cosmetic problem where an informative message (about territories being converted to minor countries after their parent country is conquered) had the names of the conquered and converted countries reversed.

NetPlay
Weather
10. Added a check for overstacking when the weather phase ends.

Overstacking
11. Fixed several problems with correcting overstacked hexes. The way the program now processes multiple overstacked hexes is that each player gets to correct the overstacked hexes in which he has units. He may have to process them for several major powers. Once all players have processed all their overstacked hexes, the phase ends and the game advances to the next phase.

DOW
12. Added a check to avoid a spurious fatal error when the game is restored in the subphase Choose Aligned Minor’s controlling major power.

Land Operations
13. Made some changes to advance the subphase after the attacking player decides whether to use Snow units in an attack.

Naval Operations
14. Fixed a couple of problems with correcting overstacked hexes at the end of the Return To Base phases.

Production Planning
15. Added some checks so a player can no longer change the actions and destinations of his opponent’s resources (unless they are being received in a trade agreement).

Production
16. Fixed a problem where building new convoys, pilots, forts, offensive chits, and factories could have mismatched unit numbers on different computers. This would cause all kinds of problems, such as moving a convoy on one computer could cause a factory to be moved instead on the other computer.

17. Fixed a problem with Production where the Axis computer was reinitializing the Production phase in the middle of initializing the Production phase. This was causing the Axis computer to set all resources coming from neutral minor countries to Idle.

Informative Messages
18. Added code to report on US Entry marker draws, moves, and removals to non-US players.

19. Added code to report when the US player decides to not execute any US Entry Options in a turn.

Attachments
MWIF 02 04 02 00.zip
(8.92 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
joshuamnave

RE: Hot Patch version 02.04.02.00

Post by joshuamnave »

There doesn't appear to be any file attached...
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

Arrgh![:@]

That's what happens when I try to do something after midnight.[:(]

It's there now.
Steve

Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

Arrgh![:@]

That's what happens when I try to do something after midnight.[:(]

It's there now.
For me, it is always after midnight. Maybe 23 hours after, but always after. [:)]
I thought I knew how to play this game....
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Word of warning, before downloading the patch. It breaks gearing for ships and pilots.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Shannon V. OKeets

Attached is a fix for the problem Zartacla reported above.

===

Release Notes for (Hot Patch) Version 02.04.03.00

All Modes of Play
Production
1. Corrected a problem with Gearing for newly created units (e.g., pilots, forts).
Attachments
MWIF02040300.zip
(8.92 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Steve

Shannon V. OKeets

It is really important to replace version 2.4.2.0 with 2.4.3.0!

As I write this I see the former has been downloaded 46 times and the latter only 26.[:(]

EDIT: The numbers are getting closer: 50 and 37.[8|]
Steve

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Could be people are only scrolling down to the first attachment, as in the past there's been a few posts following. Maybe a new thread would do it?
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

See post #6 for version 02.04.03.00 if you haven't downloaded it yet.
Steve

TrogusP96

Post by TrogusP96 »

The last few times I have tried to run updates from the MWIF menu I've gotten an error message. If I download the patch from here how do I get it to modify the game? Thanks.
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

The patch just replaced the MWIF.exe file. Copy it over the existing one. Make sure that you installed the previous version first to get all of the other file updates.

Dave
TrogusP96

Post by TrogusP96 »

You mean install 2.04.02.00 first?
The others I was able to install from the Matrix homepage
Copy and paste?
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: TrogusP96

You mean install 2.04.02.00 first?
The others I was able to install from the Matrix homepage
Copy and paste?

Yes. 2.4.2 is an upgrade. 2.4.3 is a patch. It only replaces the EXE file.

Dave
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Naval Operations
1. On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of ships in a naval combat to exclude those that are aborting.

2. On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of Air-to-Sea factors in a naval air combat to reflect the weather conditions in the sea area (e.g., halved during Rain).

good thing MWiF enforces "the rules"^TM
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

Naval Operations

good thing MWiF enforces "the rules"^TM
Those above changes were purely cosmetic on the Spend Surprise Points form. The calculations when applied were always correct. Which is why it hadn't been reported previously.
Steve

BrianSchick

Post by BrianSchick »

2.4.3? Where's 2.4.3? AHA! [:)]
Brian M. Schick

Return to “World in Flames”