Japanese engine building, the Ha-35

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Alpha77

RE: Japanese engine building, the Ha-35

Post by Alpha77 »

I just build as many that I have 510-520 in the pool (for engine bonus), I rather shut off a plane fac instead bulding more engines (which I might not use in the end). However Ha35 is also important in 44 (except someone manages to get the Sam quite early). I aim for over 500 of 32,33,34 (only if Helen research goes still on) and 35. 44 can not reached early enough for bonus (only the Ki94 very late war uses it and a torpedo bomber quiet early, Jill?), Ha 45 is researched asap and bulit the most from all engs. I am in 9/42 and just got the research for Ha45 completed
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Historically the IJ didn't build 17/day, but conserved supply against the later war.

Went back and checked Japans' engine builds for '42. She built 16,999 engines of all types in '42. Checked my numbers and for all engines I should build just over 12,000. So I don't think I'm too far off the historical mark.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Some of these engines would not be used in game however, hundreds or thousands of trainers, vip transport etc. planes are not in the game.

Edit, some of them appear later for guess kami and training units (stella etc.)
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Plus a lot of those engines would be used in repair and replacement for existing aircraft at home and the front lines.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Some of these engines would not be used in game however, hundreds or thousands of trainers, vip transport etc. planes are not in the game.

Japan had relatively few of these, and for training often used obsolete models.
Plus a lot of those engines would be used in repair and replacement for existing aircraft at home and the front lines.

Yes, and some of those would be put back into service. So the way I look at it if I'm only building 75% of what was done IRL I should be OK. We'll see.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
Historically the IJ didn't build 17/day, but conserved supply against the later war.

Went back and checked Japans' engine builds for '42. She built 16,999 engines of all types in '42. Checked my numbers and for all engines I should build just over 12,000. So I don't think I'm too far off the historical mark.
Change the model mix a bit, more 2E/4E and easy to get more engines used. And 17K engines doesn't mean all were build into aircraft ... 1000 - 2000 would have been prudent inventory (10%), something players don't ahve to worry about as we have instantaneous warehouse delivery. [;)]

And of course, they were still building obsolete engines because the contract said they could ... those got built into planes in '45 ;)
Pax

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”