Updating a Steam Install w/Release Candidates

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

c3k

Updating a Steam Install w/Release Candidates

Post by c3k »

Okay folks, I'm new, but not a newb. ;)

I've just downloaded CMANO via Steam (v1.11 SR7, build 906.26), and a bunch of the LIVE DLC. I'm stoked...but stumped.

Over here (link to the latest build deleted due to post count minima) is the link to the latest/greatest build,
build 936.6. I've downloaded the zip, and then unzipped it into my Steam install file location (Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Command Modern Air Naval Operations.

After unzipping into it (and not needing any permissions or windows to do so (Windows 10)), I re-opened my Steam app and hit "play" for CMANO. And found out it's still at 906.26.

It's obvious that copying over my Steam install site is NOT overwriting as I'd think it would.

How do I get the latest update to "take" when the update is not via Steam, but the game is?

Thanks.

(And yes, I waded through the entire Mega-FAQ, with a lot of cool digressions, but never found an answer.)

Ken

mavfin

RE: Updating a Steam Install w/Release Candidates

Post by mavfin »

Did at some point it ask you if you wanted to replace X number of files with the same name? If it didn't, you got them in the wrong place or something.

Also, I go into the extracted folder, copy the contents, then go into the Command folder, and paste the contents. Make sure you didn't somehow paste the contents *inside* another folder.

Mav
--Mav
c3k

Post by c3k »

mavfin,

Well, I tried on another computer (a laptop) and got the new build to take. (A minor issue with the start screen and the 4k laptop resolution: I'll sort that...) So, given that success, I tried on my gaming computer. This time, I got the "existing files have same name" window. (About 1,600 files of the 4,500 in the zip had a pre-existing name.) It worked.

For others' sakes, I initially tried copying INTO the open CMANO folder. (My location, upstream post, was correct.) When I went up one directory level and then copied OVER the CMANO folder, it worked.

Thanks!

Ken
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

You can do it with no problem. Just unzip to Steam Command folder.

Overwrite.

Absolutely no problem.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “Tech Support”