Modern weaponry

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
nukkxx5058

Modern weaponry

Post by nukkxx5058 »

About Modern warfare:
What about all the latest modern weaponry, satellites, non-conventional weapons, modern electronic warfare, latest Naval assets, modern missiles, kalibr, tomahawk, F35, MIG35, etc etc etc.

Are these things modeled in the game ?
Thanks
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Curtis Lemay

RE: Modern weaponry

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

About Modern warfare:
What about all the latest modern weaponry, satellites, non-conventional weapons, modern electronic warfare, latest Naval assets, modern missiles, kalibr, tomahawk, F35, MIG35, etc etc etc.

Are these things modeled in the game ?
Thanks

The equipment list is up to about 2000, I think. Topics beyond that require the designer to make an equipment mod. But that's doable.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Grognerd

Are things like SEAD, AWACs detection via radars, anti-radiation missiles, sophisticated SAM's and that kind of stuff that would only apply to modern combat on the to do list at any point?
Mind you I know they are not there now by any great extent, are they considered possible future diamonds? I recognize they only apply to very modern scenario's.

Except for SEAD, I don't even know what those are - so I'm the wrong person to ask. I suppose if a scenario designer could make a convincing case for it, such things would be given the ole cost/benefit analysis thing. But remember that there are some very basic things that we don't have yet, and those have got to have priority over stuff that hasn't even seen combat yet.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: Grognerd

Well, just when I think I'm organized I prove myself wrong!!!

I was going to re-load my copy of TOAW III to re-familiarize my memory of the rules set (especially the air rules). In order to present valid suggestions which might be actually do-able, as opposed to asking for the moon.
Knowing this team probably already has a big list of post ship game ideas.

Of course I found every Matrix title I own except TOAW III! Seems like I found this in the recent past, I moved a year ago and purged some old titles I'll never play but this was not one of them. Dang, guess I'll have to wait until IV comes out, unless I get lucky and find it.
If you registered the game to your Matrix members account check for a download version in your members account.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
dox44

Post by dox44 »

i did the same thing. purged and lost my copy + got a new computer.

i emailed matrixsupport and after a couple of days they sent me a download link

i got it. thanks matrix support!!

i would email them.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
dox44

Post by dox44 »

yw. your situation was just like mine. also i lost my backup copy of TOAW3 when my external died. i couldn't find any copies of TOAW3. like you said there was nothing, even if you registered but support got me a download link. I hope you get one too.

good luck!

nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Are ICBM modelled in TOAW-4 ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
josant

Post by josant »

Yes, like in toaw 3, but they are weak modeled, dont expect to find satan / minuteman / topol... missiles, the database only have generic missiles from light ICBM to very heavy ICBM with nuclear yields from 300kt to 4mt.
The Game only threatened them as a very long range artillery, like other missiles of the database, they dont have CEP (circular error probability, the precisión of the weapon) once they are fired, they hit in the target, you can not intercept them with other weapons, like patriots or other antimissile weapon.
JA
erazerhead99

Post by erazerhead99 »

This looks like a perfect candidate for DLC-Content in the future.
Modern weaponry, a flexible hierarchical command structure and maybe a bit more fleshed out COIN-mechanics would be Add-Ons i would happily throw money into.
Victor1234

Post by Victor1234 »

Out of curiosity, are something like IED's modeled somehow in the game or is the scale too small?

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”