Steam Release ?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Nephilim

Steam Release ?

Post by Nephilim »

Are there any plans to release this game on the Steam platform ? It's such an easy way to acquire and update it there...
Benedict151

RE: Steam Release ?

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello there

We will release on Steam but I don't have a confirmed date for this yet I'm afraid.

If you are keen to start playing asap remember you can always buy it from our store. You will get a free Steam key for the
Steam release once it becomes available there so you'll have it first and on Steam

Regards
Ben Wilkins
jgsIII

Post by jgsIII »

I hope they never release through Steam! Steam is such a PIA! I hate the idea of waiting for a license check every time you start the game. And heaven forbid you are offline at the time...
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

ORIGINAL: jgs

I hope they never release through Steam! Steam is such a PIA! I hate the idea of waiting for a license check every time you start the game. And heaven forbid you are offline at the time...

The question is not, if it would be released on Steam exclusively but in addition to the "normal" Matrix Games channel/method and I would find it odd to reject having options. In addition, none of what you describe as a Steam problem ("waiting for license check every time you start the game" and "offline doesn't work") exists/is a problem (there is no wait for a license check and playing offline is perfectly possible) you might want to give it a try instead of just flat out rejecting it, maybe you'll like it after all ...

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”