adding photo/Icon space for units

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
fulcrum28

adding photo/Icon space for units

Post by fulcrum28 »

I think TOAWIV will be excellent but it could be even more appealing for players and specially for modders if the game offers some customize options, such as adding pics of the equipment next to the unit name.

See for example the matrix game Air/Naval Command operations
tm.asp?m=4250500 (Units have a space for the equipment/aircraft/vessel pic)

The game came without most pics next to unit name (right hand side), but space was allowed to add them. Players have prepared databases for the units and anyone can change or add them.

This could be very interesting for TOAWIV, specially for WW2 period. Not necessary pics, but also drawings/icons/unit symbols/ could be added, provided that a space if offered for each unit. If this space could not be added in right hand side area next unit name, it could definitely be added in the database, when you click each equipment and see the built year, and technical specs.

Could this be feasible with a little extra of programming work? In my view, the future of TOAWIV will depend on how much the game can be modded and adding flavor by players. Games like HoI3/4 are played massively in part because they offer a myriad of mods too.

Anyway, I will buy TOAWIV even though this feature is not finally added :)
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
sPzAbt653

RE: adding photo/Icon space for units

Post by sPzAbt653 »

a little extra of programming work?
lol.
Everything you need can be found on Wiki in 5 seconds, no need to spend more years on a feature such as this, I think.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”