Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Stalin46

RE: MiG-29M

Post by Stalin46 »

#463-Mi-28N Havoc does not have a radar on serial machines. It was planned to install a radar N025 on the helicopter. On prototype helicopters (OP-1 and OP-2) only mass-dimensional models of radar were installed. By 2007, the main developer - the Ryazan Instrument Plant - manufactured three advanced radars. One of the three manufactured prototypes of the N025 radar first took off on February 16, 2007 on a Mi-28N helicopter, board # 36. As of mid-2008, the radar tests on this helicopter continued in Chkalovsky. The radar tests were carried out in the hovering mode at a height of 8 m - the radar was tested in various flight modes, the effect of mechanical influences on the radar operation was studied, the test results were recognized as positive. The design documentation has been finalized. The standard installation of a radar station is planned for a modification of the Mi-28NM.
Radar N-025E (2011):
Frequency range - Ka
Number of simultaneously followed goals - 4
Range - 20 km
Viewing time - no more than 1 sec
The azimuth viewing area is 180 degrees
The viewing range by elevation is from -25 to +15 degrees.
The sector of searching for ground targets in azimuth - 90 degrees
Sector of search for land targets by elevation - 35 degrees
Sector for the search for aerial targets in azimuth - 180 degrees
Sector search for air targets by elevation - 4-12 degrees

#2928-Ka-50 Hokum A also should not have a radar.
KLAB

RE: North Korean DB requests.

Post by KLAB »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arade.html
I presume you mean this article?
It's not a grenade launcher its a helical feed high capacity magazine.
You can see the helical feed mechanism guides in the plastic of the exterior of the magazine and how it fits directly into the magazine housing of the AK-74 clone!
Estimates as to how many rounds it holds vary but none are complementary about how practical it is to reload or how reliable.
The ergonomics of holding it on aim or at the ready for any length of time are another debate.

http://armamentresearch.com/north-korea ... magazines/
(It speaks volumes about the reality of the logistics of the DPRK that torches/flashlights seem to be supplied in a rather fetching tactical pink!)

In terms of how CMANO models ground units the key element of a NK SF unit would be how stealthy it was, sensors, etc and heavier weapons like MANPADS RPG's ATGW etc.

There have been lengthy responses from the DB editors about how CMANO doesn't and wasn't intended to simulate ground warfare at the level where it would be worth specific entries for each small arm let alone if you start trying to model if the weapon has any add on's like optical sights, IR/Laser pointers etc.

Plus it all depends on how good the user is!

Regards

K
ORIGINAL: Doctorwarthog

I have some requests for a scenario I am working on:

USA, vehicle:

Light Strike Vehicle

Main armament: 1X 12.7 mm M2 .50 caliber HMG, 1 x 5.56 mm M249 SAW LMG, 1 x 7.62 mm M60 or M240 series GPMG
Secondary armament: 2 x AT4 light Anti-Tank Weapon
Operational range: 500 km
Speed: 130 km/h on-road; 110 km/h off-road.

Can be air transported internally by CH-47 and CH-53 transport helicopters.

[this is supposed to be a link to Wikipeda, but not allowed]

This one might be a bit more tricky:

North Korea, Inf Plt:

Special Forces

[this is supposed to be a link to Daily Mail, but not allowed]

I know nothing about these guys. The article and the pictures says night-vision goggles and rifles with grenade launchers, but those might be fake kids toys for all we know.

Attachments
images2WYGWNOK.jpg
images2WYGWNOK.jpg (13.29 KiB) Viewed 172 times
KLAB

RE:MYANMAR NAVY

Post by KLAB »

For consideration amendment to armament of:

#2426 F-21 TYPE 053H1

UMS Mahar Bandoola (F-21) (and UMS Mahar Thiha Thura (F-23))

These vessels are shown in the DB as having two 37mm Type 715II Dual purpose twin mountings with twin PL-9 launchers.

The attached screenshot is recent and shows none of the mountings necessary for the PL-9.

Plus SIPRI arms database shows no PL-9 being sent to Myanmar only PL-2 and PL-5 for Air force J-7's.

All the footage I can find shows just twin 37mm Type 715I dual mounts with no PL-9 mounts.

#3108 Aung Zeya-
#3109 Kyan Sittha -
#3113 Tabinshwehti -

All have sextuple HT-16PGJ which has no magazine. Given the small size of the missile and the capacity of the ships can you consider adding some form of magazine with manual reloads?

OECM/ESM

#3112 Anawratha - Latest version as of Sep 2016 has no Igla launcher above bridge but does have Type 981 EW fit (the white boxes) and a new 76mm faceted turret.
Have screenshots of them fitted (but cant attach them) and others showing same ESM/ECM white boxes on the following:

#3108 Aung Zeya- Has same Type 981 fit - and these are all correct in the DB.
#3109 Kyan Sittha - Likewise
#3113 Tabinshwehti - Likewise

Thanks for consideration and thank you for updating the Myanmar entries in the previous DB release.

K

Attachments
37mmgunmount.jpg
37mmgunmount.jpg (133.48 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Doctorwarthog

RE: RE:MYANMAR NAVY

Post by Doctorwarthog »

One more request, if possible:

People's Liberation Army Special Operations Forces
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Please consider adding...

Sharp Sword UAV
Service: China
Service dates: 2020-

The Sharp Sword is the first non-NATO stealthy unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV). Built by Aviation Industry Corporation of China, with much of the work done by the Hongdu Aviation Industry Group, the Sharp Sword first flew in November 2013. Looking a bit like a mini-B-2 flying wing bomber, the UCAV has two internal bomb bays and a likely payload of about 4,400 pounds. Its engine is a non-afterburning WS-13 turbofan engine, with serpentine inlet to hide the engine from enemy radars (the first Sharp Sword does not use a stealthy nozzle due to its technology demonstrator status). It has a length of about 33 feet, and a wingspan of about 46 feet.

http://www.popsci.com/china-sharp-sword ... alth-drone
http://en.yibada.com/articles/187942/20 ... d-ucav.htm
http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/1104 ... -drone.htm

(Not much information yet, but maybe enough to add a "starter" version in the database that can be updated as more information comes in?)

Commercial Drone (based on Primoco UAV)
Service: Corporate
Service Date: 2015-

Technical Data and Specifications (for the ONE 150 model)
Wingspan: 4.85 m
Length: 3.65 m
Height: 1.25 m
Maximum take-off weight: 150 kg
Payload: 1 - 50 kg
Maximum range from GCS: 200 km
Maximum distance: 1,500 km
Cruising speed: 100 - 200 km/h
Endurance: 8 hours
Maximum altitude: 5,000 metres
Runway length: 100 - 300 metres
Navigation system: GPS/Glonass/Galileo/Beidou
Air traffic control: Transponder S-Mode
Communication: Radio Datalink 900 MHz - 5 GHz Satellite Communication Iridium (2017)
Equipment: Lidar sensor Multispectral / Hyperspectral camera Customized sensors / payload as required
Shipping format: Container 250 x 120 x 100 cm

http://dronefreaks.org/2015/08/08/large ... he-market/
http://www.uav-stol.com/en-US/our-drone
http://dronelife.com/2015/08/04/primoco ... ial-drone/

(At a cost of about $80,000, this is something that could show up in the hands of rebels or terrorists; it can take off from a very short landing strip)

Thanks for considering these!

orca

Post by orca »

Please also consider adding...

Divine Eagle UAV
China
Service date: Maybe 2020

Divine Eagle is currently the largest UAV in China (as of 2015), with its length approaching that of Shenyang J-11.[5] The photo of Divine Eagle taxiing suggests a fuselage height to length ratio of 1:12, giving probable length of 14.4 to 18 meters, and the wingspan is estimated at 40 to 50 meters.[6] Divine Eagle adopts a unique layout in that it is in twin boom layout with twin tail and what appears to be a low wing configuration. The fuselages have bulbous noses that house satellite communication antennas, and the canard wing is mounted between them but not at the leading edge.[1][4][5][6][7] A much longer high-aspect ratio wing is mounted aft and an apparent high-bypass turbofan is mounted between two large vertical stabilisers.[1][4][5][6][7] Divine Eagle carries up to seven AESA radars, and as of mid 2015, is currently undergoing flight tests. It has a maximum flight ceiling of 25 km and a maximum speed of Mach 0.8.

Range: Maybe similar to global hawk
Possible Sensors: generic long range UHF 3D air radars (2010s) Generic long range surface radar. Advanced ESM.
Com/datalinks- includes sat com

http://www.popsci.com/divine-eagle-chin ... ape#page-3
http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft ... ft_id=1487
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYAC_UAV

Laqueesha

RE: PLAN Type 001A aircraft carrier Shandong(2019)

Post by Laqueesha »

USS Bougainville (LHA-8) is missing from the database.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

KPA Special Forces

PLA Special Forces

I raised a very long list of suggestions about US, China and generic paramilitary units/special troops, vehicles, small-arm mechanics months ago. But Mike denied it because it only just complicate the whole game without focusing "air" or "naval" operations.

If he can reconsider the Spec-Ops part, I can go further to include some details of them.

tm.asp?m=3436106&mpage=112&key=#
Doctorwarthog

Post by Doctorwarthog »

ORIGINAL: Dysta
KPA Special Forces

PLA Special Forces

I raised a very long list of suggestions about US, China and generic paramilitary units/special troops, vehicles, small-arm mechanics months ago. But Mike denied it because it only just complicate the whole game without focusing "air" or "naval" operations.

If he can reconsider the Spec-Ops part, I can go further to include some details of them.

(I hate this restriction thing on this forum. My entire post went bananas because I quoted a link)

I can see the point behind his resoning, but I think Special Operations have a vital part in modern combat and should be reflected in a detailed, realistic game as CMANO. Especially with Chains of War lurking around the corner. I'd love to make a scenario where China sneaks some special forces deep into hostile territory with a helicopter to take out a communication centre.

Plus there's already American, Russian and British special forces in the database, so adding some more would probably not make things more complicated.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Dysta was asking for cops, civil servants etc which is outside the scope.

If you'd like Chinese spec ops post some details on them thanks.

Mike
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

Mind adding Search and Rescue loadouts to the MH-60S' in the DB? I imagine this working wonderful with Apache's LUA SAR script.
Thanks for considering.
Doctorwarthog

Post by Doctorwarthog »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Mike

Well, I don't know more than what's on the Internet so I can see the problem. If someone could provide some info on the PLA Army Navy Dragon Commando (or "蛟龙突击队"), it would be super nice. I'd guess they're pretty much a copy-paste of the SEAL:s.

(I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I just love the game and have a head full of ideas)
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Mike

Well, I don't know more than what's on the Internet so I can see the problem. If someone could provide some info on the PLA Army Navy Dragon Commando (or "òÔÁúÍ»»÷¶Ó"), it would be super nice. I'd guess they're pretty much a copy-paste of the SEAL:s.

(I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I just love the game and have a head full of ideas)

Warthog, let me take his critique -- I asked for it and didn't realize you just only need military spec-ops, not the other sort.

As far as I know, there's no such kind of Spec-Ops for China. However, there is a tiny amount of detail could find about military special units. For example the ship-borne Spec-Ops which is wearing SWAT-like black gears, ghillie-suited sniper units who also use laser destinators, the rest is a dense mystery.

But all those fancy geared, heavily protected and techy camo on those 'soldiers' you saw are actually PAP Spec-Ops. They're their own entity and not directly connected with military (which Western military analysis is heavily doubted it), and do use some fancy team names like "Dagger", "Spear", "Hunter", "Eagle". The kind of Spec-Ops you said "Jiaolong" might be the others, but let's see what I find later on.

TLDR: They're extremely easy to get confused between PLA and PAP, as medias, military watches and fans are mostly refer then as Chinese soldiers, because of the camo and does not understand the word "武警" (Armed Police).

Examples:
http://military.china.com/jctp/11172988 ... 37068.html
http://military.china.com/jctp/11172988 ... 39791.html
http://military.china.com/jctp/11172988 ... 31334.html

The "Jiaolong"-esque type of unit is actually PLAMC Regular troop, they train that way as usual:
http://military.china.com/jctp/11172988 ... 41903.html

And the SWAT-style shipborne PLAN Spec-Ops:
http://www.defense-house.com/defense-ne ... al-forces/

If PAP Spec-Ops is also considered as Civil Servants, then I have no idea. [&:]
Doctorwarthog

Post by Doctorwarthog »

I don't speak chinese (I hardly speak english, to be honest), but according to the chinese wikipedia via Google translate, the Dragon commando is at least listed under the PLA Navy (or rather the Marines) as "Naval Special Warfare Group" (I am not allowed to post links).

But again, I don't speak chinese and it's not mega important to me to have those in the database. I could just beef up some regular chinese marines with ace profiency.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

I don't speak chinese (I hardly speak english, to be honest), but according to the chinese wikipedia via Google translate, the Dragon commando is at least listed under the PLA Navy (or rather the Marines) as "Naval Special Warfare Group" (I am not allowed to post links).

But again, I don't speak chinese and it's not mega important to me to have those in the database. I could just beef up some regular chinese marines with ace profiency.
I can, and like I said, give me time to find out. Wikipedia isn't a good start, but I will trace it.
Dragon029

AESA radar performance figures in CMANO

Post by Dragon029 »

I haven't posted on this forum in a while, so sorry if this isn't the correct thread for suggesting official database changes. I also haven't posted 10+ posts, so the post I wrote wouldn't get accepted by the forum (even when I removed my links, it must have thought some of the numbers I was using were phone numbers).

I've posted a lengthy reply / set of suggestions and my argument for them on: http://www.pastebin.com/6ny1hUzn

Basically, I feel that the performance data for AESA radars in CMANO is both lacking and distorted; case in point being that the RBE2-AA of the Rafale has a greater max range than the APG-77 of the F-22, despite having less than half the T/R modules, or that the APG-77v1 has no difference to the APG-77, or that the APG-81 has lower performance than the APG-79 despite being better in every specification. Towards the end of my post I suggest some figures that should replace the current ones.

Feel free to ask questions; I also have a couple of excel spreadsheets I've made to compare figures and do calculations, which I might perhaps be able to share somehow.

[Updated the pastebin link; noticed a few grammatical errors].
Broncepulido

RE: AESA radar performance figures in CMANO

Post by Broncepulido »

Interesting radar range values and estimations, very similar to my own estimates, thanks for your considerations Dragon029.
orca

RE: AESA radar performance figures in CMANO

Post by orca »

China Type 001A aircraft carrier

Is there enough info to add? And add then update as more info becomes available?
http://chinapower.csis.org/china-aircra ... type-001a/

Some sources call it Shandong...
https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/cv-17- ... ost-449244
Doctorwarthog

Post by Doctorwarthog »

ORIGINAL: Dysta

I can, and like I said, give me time to find out. Wikipedia isn't a good start, but I will trace it.

I found an article by retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Dennis J. Blasko, who apparantly served 23 years as a Military Intelligence Officer and Foreign Area Officer specializing in China. and in Washington at the Defense Intelligence Agency and Headquarters Department of the Army (Office of Special Operations), and is the author of the book, The Chinese Army Today: Tradition and Transformation for the 21st Century.

He writes:

”Over the following decade the Navy established a SOF regiment in the South Sea Fleet and the Air Force 15th Airborne Corps formed a SOF group in one of its three divisions. The Second Artillery also created a SOF unit (budui), probably a group or regiment. Small SOF units (fendui, battalion, company, or platoon) also have been established in the two Navy marine brigades and in some Army divisions and brigades.”

//

”/.../ most SOF units appear to be highly trained light infantry, with capabilities are similar to those found in U.S. Army Ranger units. They are capable of insertion behind enemy lines, but not too far from friendly units. Some units could attempt limited, short-duration operations at strategic depths, but at much greater risk.”

//

”Chinese SOF units are provided the most modern weapons and equipment in the PLA and PAP for experimentation and operations, including advanced electronics and communications, unmanned aerial vehicles, night vision and target designators, and an array of light vehicles and small boats. They can be inserted by air, land, and sea (surface and subsurface).”

warontherocks [dot ] com/ 2015 / 01 / chinese-special-operations-forces-not-like-back-at-bragg

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”