Jagdpanzer

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

terminator

Jagdpanzer

Post by terminator »

The first time when I saw this name appearing in the list of antitanks, I wondered what is thus this tank ?
His name is lacking precision and can be confused with Jagdpanzer IV/48 or 70.
In reality, it is about the Jagdpanzer 38(t) nicknamed Hetzer.
Attachments
Jagdpanzer.jpg
Jagdpanzer.jpg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 84 times
AngrySwan

RE: Jagdpanzer

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi terminator,

This is Hetzer built on the chassis of the light Czech tank LT38 and armed with a 75mm gun without a muzzle break.

Jagdpanzer IV/48 was built on the chassis of Panzer IV (modified) and a 75mm gun with a muzzle break as far as I know.
Jagdpanzer IV/70 was built on on the same chassis as IV/48 but a longer gun without a muzzle break.

Maybe this one could be called Hetzer since ''Jagdpanzer'' is a general word for all tank destroyers?

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi Marechal,
with the Nato Symbols, the name is Jgdpz.38(t) but for the Jagdpanzer IV/48 the abreviation is Jagdpz.IV/48.
Jgdpz or Jagdpz ?
It would be good to see again these names.
Attachments
jagdpanzer0000.jpg
jagdpanzer0000.jpg (71.92 KiB) Viewed 84 times
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi terminator,

Hetzer can also be named Jagdpanzer 38(t) - then we would just need to add the ''a'' on the counter and 38(t) on the equipment list.
Jagdpz or Jgdpz? I have seen both in games. If we say Jagdpz then we just need to correct one counter so it becomes Jagdpanzer 38(t) in HQ and Jagdpz 38(t) on the counter.

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello guys,

indeed i left out the 38 (t) in the English version - for no reason other than an oversight. Will correct it. I will also unify the names to Jagdpz., though both versions are correct and only different abbreviations, we are in the military here and need standards.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”