Unleashed Extended I & II

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Unforeseen

RE: Unleashed Extended I & II

Post by Unforeseen »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

Ya I had to put the arm and core in. Snuck a few space empire races in too. That put me at the limit otherwise I would have done more. Those are only in my modification retreatui. If you get a chance tell me how hard it is. It challenged me greatly, and I think it broke Twigsters computer (jk but check out his aar.)

I will do that, though I'm changing a few things around (all aesthetic). Probably going to play as one of the human races, maybe Hiigaran just for something different (Since I've always, always played as the Humans lol). Oooh or even Securan...a race of green skinned babes...hmm... Can't wait to get this going!

One thing of note though, I just went through all the races and ship sets 22-26 and 31 are unused, while 44 and 48 are used twice. Caliph and Ylta share 44, while Arm and Core share 48. Since there are 6 total unused sets you can separate those 4 races and still have an extra 4 sets to work with to add even more races.
RaithSienar

Post by RaithSienar »

I'm having a weird bug that I don't know if it's because of the mod (Retreats version mind you) or if it's a known problem with the base game.
So I defeat the Shakturi and occupy their "homeworld" right, which is great I get the 200% bonus to income.
Then, because I beat the Shakturi the Guardians give me their world, which SHOULD be an additional boost of 100% bonus to income, except I don't get it. Hell, I'm not even getting the bonus from the Shakturi's world, the Trade Guild, or the Galactic Capital now.
Is this a known issue with the base game, or something else entirely?

Now for the record, in my Empire Summary it shows that I SHOULD be getting at least the 200% bonus, however when I was just getting the 200% bonus I was getting over 15M credits annually before bonus income, whereas when I got the Guardian world I dropped down to 7M annually, so I know something is wrong there.
xepooqu80

Post by xepooqu80 »

Following this thread
tm.asp?m=4210930
and RetreatUE as a basis i did some changes to reduce the overall money and amount of ships around.
Do take care that as it is now this affect the general money available and thus AI too (this could be changed by using the original government file) and from what i see it does reduce the ships number though not as drastically as i hoped at higher difficulty.
Also take care that resources are in general more sparse and without good planning there is serious risk of catastrophic shortages

Attachments
RetreatUE ..ce addon.zip
(13.08 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

So my game was a bust. The shakturi showed up when i was tech level 2 with 4 colonies. They had no world destroyers (wyf?) And the guardians single handedly wiped them out within 10 years.

The majority of empires in the game sat out the war, including all but two insectoid races both of which were outer rim empires like my own.

Need to figure out why there were no world destroyers. Planet busting is a big part of my preferred end game scenario where I launch a revenge crusade to exterminate all insectoids from the galaxy.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I didn't mod the shakturi/ancients at all. That doesn't mean Mordachai didn't mod them though in UEI & II. I did a play through months and months ago with the shakturi using RetreatUE, and I had no troubles. I only played once though.
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Thanks for the reply, im going to look around and double check a few things be4 starting a new game with a few changes to my settings.

Off hand the only notable thing differant from vanilla shakturi and UE is that they no longer have a tech focus, where vanilla was set to torpedos.

Edit: ok so im going to try again, this time with no pirates (they did absolutely nothing in last run). 15x, 1400s, Research cost 999k, N difficulty, restless, max creature. Col prev scarce, rare alien/no emp form. Col rng 1.0, 200% influence. Starting home system agreeable for all empires. (Most empires will have at least a 2nd colony so no 1 colony lifers.) Tech start pre warp (so empires actually have infrastructure in home system).

Julzjuice

Post by Julzjuice »

Hey guys,

Quick question... Im not sure if this is intended or if this is a buggy but whatever I do, whenever I start a game, my taxes are set to 100%. In itself this is not a problem as I can just lower them manually, but it comes with another problem: the level of taxation does not influence the happiness or the growth % of the planet.

I tried multiple game starts with different races and they all have the same problem. Somehow, the taxation/happiness and growth % is not working properly.

Has anyone ever encountered that problem before?

Edit: I am playing RetreatUE with nothing modified in the mod.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I have not seen this problem before. That being said I'll fire up a few games to double check.
Uncle Lumpy

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Hi Retreat1970! The last two games I played with you mod I experienced something strange with colony ships. The computer was constantly generating 6-8 new colony ships without my ordering them. It didn't seem to build them, rather they seemed to come, fully constructed, from "off Board"/outside the galaxy. The first time it happened I was checking on the progress of a colony ship I did order. It was under construction on my home world/empire's capital. Along with this ship, six other completed, and unordered, colony ships were listed. And they were in flight, grouped like a fleet, near the edge of the galaxy, moving in towards my home world?! They were in a very empty section of space, no star systems, much less colonies for several sectors around them (I play irregular shaped galaxies). Projecting their flight path backwards there was no place they could have come from. Through out both games, groups of 6-8 fully constructed colony ships would appear every 5-10 game years. I was distracted with game play, so I never witnessed any more arrivals, or construction, of these ships. I would find them listed on my home world. I'm 40+ years into my latest game with your mod, using the same settings, and so far there have been no unexpected colony ships. I've used your mod for my last six or seven games, and have played several dozen games (vanilla and various mods) over the last two years, and I've never seen this before. I found it unusual, but actually pretty cool-I had a constant supply of completed colony ships when I wanted to colonize a planet. It was their apparent fully completed appearance from no where I found odd. Not sure what to make of it, if anything, but thought I would pass it on. Happy gaming!
I once heard there was a garage, which some said was air tight.
Julzjuice

Post by Julzjuice »

I have not seen this problem before. That being said I'll fire up a few games to double check.

Hi Retreat,

It appears that the mod is not bugged after all. My tax/happiness and growth% problem is tied to only one form of human government: Corporate Nationalism. It appears that with this governent, whatever you do with the tax level, people dont care. Be it 0% or 100% you will always get the ''Taxes are too high'' -5 moral debuff and increasing or decreasing the taxes wont influence the population growth at all either.

My bad!
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Ok that makes sense. I'll see if I can recreate the colony ship issue then.

Edit: I can't reproduce this. I'll keep thinking about it, but I will defer to the smarter posters as to what it could be.
Hanekem

Post by Hanekem »

So, I had been away from the game for some time, but after a final attempt at Stellaris, I decided to play Distant Worlds again and loaded up this mod.
I always found the renaming of military ships here annoying, the Heavy/Light cruiser is a WNT thing and mostly fell to the wayside ages ago, plus without Capital grade weaponry, there is no difference between a Cruiser or a Destroyer or a Battleship (they all have the same size of guns, only one has more than the other... more akin an age of sail ship (solid suggestion for DS 2 here)
So, I decided to undo those changes and... well, seems like I outsmarted myself, since now there game is not auto generating the templates of the classes I renamed, I checked the template files, but they all have the DSU name and only use a comment on the game file to rename them, so... not sure why it is not generating the ships (and a big leary it won't do that for the AIs)
So.. help?

EDIT: nevermind... didn't notice that the ships were designed but were invisible because they were bigger than initial construction limit
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Perl Script not working for me. :(
Uncle Lumpy

Unexplained ship building

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Hi Retreat1970,

In February I posted about Colony Ships spontaneously appearing (see above). It is still continuing, and it is also including Military Ships and Constructors (as well as private ships). When I fired up my game today, I pulled up the Ships and Bases screen to check on the status of three Colony ships (which I hadn't ordered). The screen showed four additional Colony ships sitting together in Deep Space. When I went to their location on the map there were about twenty total unordered ships clustered together (Constructors, Warships, Civilian freighters and mining ships). Their shields were charging up and they were just beginning to move towards my Home world.

In my Empire Policy screen everything is set to Manual. In the Colonization section all Planet types are set to Low. In the Construction section Military ship construction is set at low, and every type of military ship type is set to 0% production.

I have screen shots, but do not know how to post them here!

It's not game breaking or anything, it's simply puzzling. [:)]

Cheers!
Overlord015

RE: Unexplained ship building

Post by Overlord015 »

ORIGINAL: Uncle Lumpy

Hi Retreat1970,

In February I posted about Colony Ships spontaneously appearing (see above). It is still continuing, and it is also including Military Ships and Constructors (as well as private ships). When I fired up my game today, I pulled up the Ships and Bases screen to check on the status of three Colony ships (which I hadn't ordered). The screen showed four additional Colony ships sitting together in Deep Space. When I went to their location on the map there were about twenty total unordered ships clustered together (Constructors, Warships, Civilian freighters and mining ships). Their shields were charging up and they were just beginning to move towards my Home world.

In my Empire Policy screen everything is set to Manual. In the Colonization section all Planet types are set to Low. In the Construction section Military ship construction is set at low, and every type of military ship type is set to 0% production.

I have screen shots, but do not know how to post them here!

It's not game breaking or anything, it's simply puzzling. [:)]

Cheers!
If I'm not mixing up mods (been a while since I've played this one), there's a wonder named strategic command hq. It basically gives you free ships every-so-often if I'm not mistaken. Did you build it? If I'm not mistaken the code was used for the prequel story mod that came with Universe, its for giving free ships to the shakturi (note this last part is just conjecture, I never touched that mod).
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I haven't seen the colony ship bug as you've described it. I believe you, but if I can't create it I can't help.

I do not remember a HQ that gives ships.
Overlord015

Post by Overlord015 »

I do not remember a HQ that gives ships.
I'm assuming you (and mordechai) used Osito's version as a base for your version, which adds said wonder. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

tm.asp?m=3807911

Its listed under changes to the high-tech tree.
Uncle Lumpy

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Thanks Overlord015. I forgot I built it. Other than Colony ships, I've never noticed any new ships appearing before. In my current game I have almost all of my military ships in fleets (first time I ever had that). I only had a dozen or so of military ships acting independently. Nice to know Strategic Command works and how it does so.
smaximo

Post by smaximo »

Hello there,
Can you play this mod without all the extra ui visual changes, like the 'Stuff & Bits'? I want to try this mod, but I kind off like the Das Chrome UI mod.

Thanks.
Osito

Post by Osito »

If you just want the research part, you could try the mod 'Research Unleashed', on which the research tree of this mod was based. If I recall correctly it uses the DAS Chrome mod. You won't get all the economic changes, though.

Osito

PS Only 5 tries to pass the security image test. Yay, I am not a robot!
Osito

Return to “Design and Modding”