Command v1.12 Release Candidate (CURRENT: B936.9)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TYHo

RE: Command v1.12 Release Candidate

Post by TYHo »

Error post
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

Any chance we can get the link back for the 936.2 version? The status bar bug is so bad on the 936.3 that it's not really playable for me...

--Mav
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.12 Release Candidate (Build 936.4)

Download: Superseded by Build 936.5

To install: Unzip the contents to your existing Command installation folder, answering Yes to any overwrite prompts.

NOTE #1: Backup your existing installation.
NOTE #2: You must have an existing working v1.11 SR7 installation. Sitting over an older installation is not supported and may have unpredictable results.
NOTE #3: The major new features of the "Chains Of War" DLC are included in this build but disabled. They will be enabled when the DLC is installed.

Build 936.4 Release Notes (changes/additions since Build 936.3)
=============================================================================================

* FIXED: #11583: Subs on a patrol won't ignore plotted course when attacking, despite doctrine telling it to
* FIXED: Sidebar not refreshing when selecting a different unit
* FIXED: #11582: SAMs are being spammed against helicopters
* FIXED: Game slows to a crawl after a few minutes with 936.2

AdmiralSteve

Post by AdmiralSteve »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn
ORIGINAL: TYHo
I noticed there's an empty "WW2DB" folder in the pack... does it mean a WW2 Database is in the works? And we can create WW2 scenarios eventually? [:D]
No comment.
I'd marry you if this were to be true.
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: AdmSteebe
I'd marry you if this were to be true.
Already taken, sorry.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.12 Release Candidate (Build 936.5)

Download: Superseded by Build 936.6

To install: Unzip the contents to your existing Command installation folder, answering Yes to any overwrite prompts.

NOTE #2: You must have an existing working v1.11 SR7 installation. Sitting over an older installation is not supported and may have unpredictable results.
NOTE #3: The major new features of the "Chains Of War" DLC are included in this build but disabled. They will be enabled when the DLC is installed.

Build 936.5 Release Notes (changes/additions since Build 936.4)
=============================================================================================

* FIXED: Sub not changing course without pressing U key
* #11591 - Merging emissions from allies sometimes can result in emissions not being updated for fixed facilities
* #11589 - EMCON changed event
* #8801 - No-nav zones visible through the planet
* Lua: Added OODA to unit wrapper
* Various speed improvements
* Fixed: Existing Steam workshop scenarios were not getting updated
* Fixed: Mission creation crash (edge case)
* Improved pathfinding in waters with mines
* Fixed: SA-5 shoots at Tomahawk over water
* Revised sonobuoy drop spacing

* Includes updated version of "Korean Missile Crisis" scenario
Sniper31

Post by Sniper31 »

I appreciate the work on the 4k/UHD UI. However, I am having display problems still. The text is all readable, but all of the unit icons are incredibly small (I run on a laptop with a 1070 GTX GPU and a 4K UHD 17.3" IPS display), so small that I cannot read any of the text in the data blocks and can barely make out what each icon is. Also, the black info bar at the top of the map window is half overlaying the menu bar info, rendering the game speed area unreadable. My screen resolution is at 3840x2160 (native) and my DPI is set at 200%. I have tried several other DPI's to no avail. I also delete the Command.ini each time, and run the preferextmanifest file each time I try a different DPI. I am running the 936.4 build.

Any suggestions? CMANO is unplayable in it's current state for me.
"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Sniper31
I appreciate the work on the 4k/UHD UI. However, I am having display problems still. The text is all readable, but all of the unit icons are incredibly small (I run on a laptop with a 1070 GTX GPU and a 4K UHD 17.3" IPS display), so small that I cannot read any of the text in the data blocks and can barely make out what each icon is. Also, the black info bar at the top of the map window is half overlaying the menu bar info, rendering the game speed area unreadable. My screen resolution is at 3840x2160 (native) and my DPI is set at 200%. I have tried several other DPI's to no avail. I also delete the Command.ini each time, and run the preferextmanifest file each time I try a different DPI. I am running the 936.4 build.

Any suggestions? CMANO is unplayable in it's current state for me.

Hi, we are sorry that the new fix is not working out for you. In that case we can only suggest that you apply the existing workaround that involves temporarily switching to x1080 resolution.

Also, for tech support please use the Tech Support forum, not the RC thread. Thank you!
Sniper31

Post by Sniper31 »

Sunburn, my bad. I shall follow up in the Tech Support forum. Please forgive me.
"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Sniper31
Sunburn, my bad. I shall follow up in the Tech Support forum. Please forgive me.
No worries!
ZoroastroBR

Post by ZoroastroBR »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

* Includes updated version of "Korean Missile Crisis" scenario

Hey Sunburn, can you tell us the changes to the scenario?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Sure. From Bart:
* Re-oriented all the US/SK SAMs, turned on their radars as well, went through Japan for good measure but most of those were OK.

* Re-oriented the Russian Kontainer and Voronezh Radars.

* Turned on a few more NK radars, had deliberately kept them silent but a few comments prompted me to turn a few more on.
ZoroastroBR

Post by ZoroastroBR »

Thank you!

On a side note, did V1.12 fix the Korean Missile Crisis Alright Burke DDs running out of fuel (they are using all of their fuel in a matter of hours)?
dwbennett

Post by dwbennett »

I installed Build 936.5 with no installation problems. I started the program and had the video problem even though I don't have a 4K monitor. I followed "the fix" for the video problem (delete the .ini file) except I restarted the computer instead of logging off (I like restarts as it cleans the memory out) and the problem disappeared. I started with the text size at 100% but am up to 125% with no apparent problems.
Don Bennett
Evanston, WY
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command v1.12 Release Candidate (Build 936.6)

Download: Superseded by Build 936.7

Build 936.6 Release Notes (changes/additions since Build 936.5)

* FIXED: Irregular exceptions during recording
* Fixed: Fuel panel is not updated correctly
* Fixed: Force Destroyed event on hosted ships
* EnterArea trigger fix for a 'NOT in area' issue
* Fixed: Submarine out of battery goes to wrong speed
* Fixed: ASW on RTB should stop dropping sonobuoys
* Tweaks in MCM and Minehunting sonar evaluation
* FIXED: Abnormal AC turn-rate at below corner velocity
* Fixed: Tankers are less eager to meet clients half-way
* Fixed: Improved RTB logics in presence of tankers
* Various speed tweaks

* Addition to passive sonar model: Target masking. When the sub/ship being detected is within X degrees bearing (relative to the sonar sensor) of another one, the (comparatively) louder one may prevent the other(s) from being detected.
(X = a given angular difference referred to as the "bearing gate". This value decreases in more modern sonar sets (as low as 4 degrees) and increases in older ones (as high as 20 deg). To fool a modern passive sonar by masking under another vessel on the same bearing, you need to get very close to the other unit angularly).
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

Any chance we can get these release candidates as a beta branch on Steam?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Not in the cards for the time being, sorry!

You can, however, apply the update over a Steam-mode installation.
dwbennett

Post by dwbennett »

Question: Does the Build 936.6 update have to be applied to a v1.11 SR7 installation or can it be applied to a Build 936.5 update?
Don Bennett
Evanston, WY
User2

Post by User2 »

ORIGINAL: dwbennett

Question: Does the Build 936.6 update have to be applied to a v1.11 SR7 installation or can it be applied to a Build 936.5 update?
936.5 is nice
* Addition to passive sonar model: Target masking
Sounds hot!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”