[FIXED v1.12 RC] Problem with UI

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

HalfLifeExpert

[FIXED v1.12 RC] Problem with UI

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

So i just got a new laptop. CMANO seems to run fine on it, i only have a problem with the UI. This is on v1.11 SR7, fresh install.

Because the Resolution on this laptop is much higher than my previous one, the scaling is not the best. The unit info panel on the side is fine, but the top bar, start menu, and scenario selection are smaller than i would like, i hope you guys can come up with a solution at some point. I can play, but it will take some getting used to.

However, there is an annoying bug with some of the drop down menus.

With some of the drop down menus, they scale up to where i can read easily, but they sometimes cut off some of the text and i have to use the arrow keys, carefully, to scroll through all the options. My screen grab is of the "View" drop down menu, but i happens on others, except "File" and "Help"

Any help on this?

Attachments
CMANO Bug revised.jpg
CMANO Bug revised.jpg (193.63 KiB) Viewed 69 times
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Problem with UI

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Mind trying the latest RC? We added some new DPI fixes.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Oh, and congrats on new laptop!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

See instructions for 4K fix here: fb.asp?m=4268618
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

My apologies for not replying sooner. If the new update were to make a difference, i prefer to wait for final release, its just a personal preference, and its not critical that i get this resolved immediately, plus i can still play just fine on my desktop.

However, there is a new development. I just installed the Creators Update (v. 1703) to my Laptop, which has Windows 10 64 Bit. I loaded up CMANO to see if any difference could be seen. There is significant improvement! The top bar is now bigger (easier to read) and all of the drop down menus look great! No scrolling needed or cut off text like before The only real issue is that the text on areas within the map part of the screen, such as the main menu and the mission editor, are a little small. See the screenshot below. Basically any popup window's internal text, as well as the message log is pretty small, not unreadable, but difficult to read quickly. The text of briefings shows up at a good size though. Hopefully the final 1.12 patch will improve this.But it is definitely more playable now.

Also, I played around with the DPI setting in the game options, and they didn't seem to make any difference one way or the other. I restarted CMANO after each change.

Attachments
CMANOUI.jpg
CMANOUI.jpg (204.01 KiB) Viewed 68 times

Return to “Tech Support”