This game has ruined..

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

kch

RE: This game has ruined..

Post by kch »

I think the role playing aspect would lend itself really well to a North African campaign where both the German/Italian player and the UK player would be fighting for access to resources in order to carry their campaign through.. and risking grinding to a halt due to the wrong prioritisation between ammo / fuel / land / air / naval etc
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

At the moment I am working on Shadow Empire, but I might very well return to a new DC game after. Especially the idea of doing a late ww2 game is still quite high on my next game ideas list.

Best wishes,
Vic

To paraphrase a fun movie I saw: "if you do it I will buy it".

FWIW - that's only the 2nd time since 1979 that I've told a developer that.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Remmes

Post by Remmes »

ORIGINAL: Vic
but I might very well return to a new DC game after. Especially the idea of doing a late ww2 game is still quite high on my next game ideas list.

Best wishes,
Vic

Yes, please
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Who is responsible for the other games in the series? The engine is from advanced tactics, no? What about Warsaw to Paris and Case Blue? Seems like there is more to this genre for those who love the game in a few other titles. Try Warsaw to Paris...
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

ORIGINAL: ballyhoo

Who is responsible for the other games in the series? The engine is from advanced tactics, no? What about Warsaw to Paris and Case Blue? Seems like there is more to this genre for those who love the game in a few other titles. Try Warsaw to Paris...

lo Sacaran y cientos...(GRACIAS a JOE y BILL)..y GARYYYYYYYYYYYYY...for ALL YOU UNCOMMOM VALOR.

I think that a one WITH THE PACIFICV ATALANTICs and MEDITERRANEAN will be great¡
Epsilon Eridani

Zecke

Post by Zecke »

BUT YOUR RIGHT baliihoo; we should remove from the shop lots of them
Epsilon Eridani

Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: ballyhoo

Check out the 'about us' section on the VR Designs website:

http://www.vrdesigns.net/?page_id=2

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

Ooh Shadow Empires looks exciting! But I may have to give DC:B a go given all the love it has received. Though, I'm getting a little bit tired of WWII. Well, that hasn't stopped me from buying more games set in the time period recently.
75Pak

Post by 75Pak »

ORIGINAL: Philippe at bay

Bulge has enough name recognition that it is probably always going to be a big seller.

But a game about 1945 and the fall of the Reich (which could include the Bulge offensive) would be a lot of fun, especially if it could be played double solitaire (side one: Western Allies and East Front Germans; side two: Soviets and West Front Germans). You would have to be a masochist to enjoy playing the Germans, and the double-solitaire gets around that. I think SPI did a boardgame about it in the late 'seventies (don't know if Decision Games has republished it).

A game that begins in mid-1943 would be reasonable because it would give the German player a chance to possibly get a draw/stalemate.

In the Darkest Hour HOI2 [I know, grand strategy, nothing operational about it], I can beat the Soviet Union and even the UK as Germany starting in summer 1944. But when starting in December 1944 the most I can ever get is to drag things out until sometime between December 1945 and June 1946, then I inevitably lose.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”