Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm has been updated to version 2.0.12!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Daniele

Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm has been updated to version 2.0.12!

Post by Daniele »

Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm has been updated to version 2.0.12 and this version brings decisive improvements to the game!

Numerous bugs affecting the Map editor, waypoints, radio traffic – and more! – have been solved, so don’t wait any further and check the entire changelog below!

You can download the update from here.

See you on the battlefield!

Version 2.0.12 Patchnotes

Fixed – HiHQ Teleporting in Setup Phase
While moving units around in the setup phase, the side’s HiHQ might jump (teleport) to a new location near the last moved unit. This is a random behavior and we believe it to be resolved. The best way to avoid this situation, should it still happen, is to check on the location of your HiHQ as the last move during the setup phase and move it last before proceeding on with the start of the game. You can jump to the HiHQ quickly by selecting the top listed unit in the OOB Panel.

Fixed – HQ Radio Traffic Spam
This was a new bug seen by some players after the 2.0.11 update. If an enemy HQ was detected via radio intercepts, the message would be spammed alerting the player multiple times in a row. We corrected this bug and you should only see the message once when each new HQ unit is detected.

Fixed – Map Editor Not Loading JPG file
The Map Editor would crash when loading a JPG map image if it failed to find an associated FP9 file. We have updated the editor and it will now load a JPG image and bring up the editor to build the FP9 file.

Fixed – Map Editor PNG File Crash
A new bug brought about by the addition of being able to load JPG image files into the Map Editor. We fixed this bug and PGN files will load as designed.

Fixed – Waypoint Editing Added Extra Delay
We have once again jumped into the tangled code that deals with waypoint timings with the waypoint editor and in particular, when dealing with group moves. In certain cases, making changes to set waypoint times would add additional delay into the overall delays of the waypoints. We hope this fix is now working. If you encounter this problem, again let us know. We are rewriting this code for Southern Storm with the changes to how players give orders and the delay timing changes based on HQ proximity.

Fixed – Wrecks causing Black Holes (Lost LOS)
In certain combinations of terrain and wrecks, line of sight (LOS) into those hexes could fail to detect enemy units even if the friendly unit was adjacent to the hex. LOS out was okay in most cases leading to units being attacked without being able to shoot back. The offending code is fixed and spotting into hexes with wrecks now works as intended.

Known Issues – PBEM
We are currently looking into a few reports of odd orders and timing problems during PBEM play. These bugs are random and not very repeatable. This makes troubleshooting them difficult on a good day. We decided to release this update and keep looking into the PBEM items as we work on Southern Storm. If we make any fixes, the plan is to release Hotfixes for these items.
Lowlaner2012

RE: Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm has been updated to version 2.0.12!

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Thanks, looking forward to giving this a spin tonight :)
stasv

Post by stasv »

Finally!
[&o]
MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Awesome, just in time for the second scenario in the US campaign. Thanks for all the hard work.

Have a good day,

Mike
Mike

Retired Gunner
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Good job, I guess Steam will install automatically?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

demjansk, if you are set for auto-update of your games it will update on its own. he new version will show as 2.0.12s in the lower right hand part of the main menu screen.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

I haven't registered this one on Steam. It won't let me just download the patch though. Tried multiple times. Yes, I was logged in. Yes, it's registered.

Attachments
flashpoint.jpg
flashpoint.jpg (25.7 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Harley, I updated through the auto updater on the game launcher :-)
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Cap, I checked Steam and it's installed.

Thanks
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Harley, my AV software blocks me all the time when trying to use the update function from the launcher. You can try shutting down your AV for the download (it works on my system when I do that, just scary having an open system while it downloads). You can also add the new installer and update exes to your AV's exclusion list. Another option is grabbing it from the link above. If you are still having problems, contact Matrix support and see if they can help you out.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Good to see. On to the future, now.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”