[FIXED B945] Harpoons not following attack route

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

[FIXED B945] Harpoons not following attack route

Post by ColonelMolerat »

In the attached save, the DDG 71 USS Ross, just North of Kaliningrad, has prepared a salve of seven Harpoons to a bearing close to a group of four Russian ships to its south.

These Harpoons are set to follow a course with one leg that makes them approach from the North-West.

However, as soon as they fire, they ignore the route they have been given and fly in a straight line.

Even if you give them a wacky course (ie, right off in one direction before turning around) they ignore it and fly in a straight line.

Is this a bug? I'm sure it worked ok before.

Save attached.

Edit:

A bit more info: I've just tested firing directly at the ships - this works fine.
It only seems to bearing-only launches that ignore the approach route given.
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Harpoons not following attack route

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Well, if a course is "bearing-only" then I'd expect the weapon to only travel down the given bearing. I can't seem to download your attachment, if you would like me to take a look at your scenario mind uploading your file to here http://upload.baloogan.com/?secure=2152017 and paste me the text you get after a successful upload?
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

The Harpoon couldn't aim at the ship directly because of target ambiguity, so instead I targeted a nearby coordinate, with the Harpoon given waypoints so it would approach from the correct angle, hit the coordinate and turn on its seeker (and hopefully find the target ship).

I had assumed 'bearing-only' meant 'aim-at-coordinates' rather than being strictly literal. You can still set waypoints (attack legs) for Harpoons aiming at 'bearing only' - coordinate - launches, but they ignore them when fired.

I've uploaded the file:

UPLOAD SUCCESSFUL!!Array ( [files] => Array ( [0] => ../upload_dir/0okCUMBrfy.zip ) [metas] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [date] => Tue, 18 Apr 2017 12:24:29 -0400 [extension] => zip [file] => ../upload_dir/0okCUMBrfy.zip [name] => 0okCUMBrfy.zip [old_name] => 07 - All Flights on Way Harp Launch - You BREXIT - You Fix it!.zip [replaced] => [size] => 1068805 [size2] => 1.02 MB [type] => Array ( [0] => application [1] => x-zip-compressed ) ) ) )
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Thanks, logged, I'll take a look.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Fixed for Build 945.

Return to “Tech Support”