Soldiers Walking Through Walls?

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

StephenWRichey

Soldiers Walking Through Walls?

Post by StephenWRichey »

Hello to All, I just installed Scourge of War Waterloo on my computer and started going through the tutorial. The first big event in the tutorial is a unit of British infantry attacking a French unit which is defending a farm, specifically, La Haye Sainte by the looks of it. After the French abandoned their position inside the farmstead walls, the tutorial instructed me to move the British infantry inside the walled farmstead. So, I issued the command to the British unit to move inside the walled enclosure. I just assumed that the British unit would file through the open gateway located at one corner of the walled enclosure. I was highly surprised to see the British soldiers just walk straight through a stout masonry wall as if they were ghosts. Did I really see what I think I saw? Is this one aspect of how the game works? Does this strange event happen in actual game play or only in the tutorial? My thanks to anyone who addresses my questions!
HunterICX

RE: Soldiers Walking Through Walls?

Post by HunterICX »

In short: Yes, you really saw what you think it was.

It too raised my eyebrow at first when I started to play this game. It's how it works basically these strongholds turn into strongpoints when you march a unit(s) to the center of it but without fancy visuals of men scaling the walls and beeing able to see them file through the gates. I've learned to accept it as the game has a lot of things going on under the hood which I like about it and when you move onto playing it HITS (Hot In The Seat) where your camera is locked onto the commander you are on the field and your views are very limited on things that are going on.

StephenWRichey

RE: Soldiers Walking Through Walls?

Post by StephenWRichey »

HunterICX, thanks for the helpful information!

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”