DLCs: How would you like to see them?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

CapnDarwin

DLCs: How would you like to see them?

Post by CapnDarwin »

As we start looking deeper down the road on Southern Storm, the question of how to best do DLCs in the future has sprung up. Major expansions like Northern Storm will always be a 3 to 6 month thing. The DLCs I'm talking about would be additional maps and scenarios and/or campaigns based on the main game and the expansions. The cost would be proportional to content released as well.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
josant

RE: DLCs: How would you like to see them?

Post by josant »

I dont like a lot the DLCs, but I vote for the second option (every 3 to 4 months), although in those DLCs, I also would like to see new factions/countries.
JA
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Josant, once new countries or time periods enter the equation I see those as Expansions and more likely a 6+ month endeavor in most cases with the addition data and graphics work involved.

Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

I voted for "both". For me the important point is that there are going to be DLC's, period. I won't quibble about a month here or there.

Are you contemplating using them as vehicles for new features, versions, or fixes as well as campaigns/scenarios/maps??

Good news in any case! [&o]

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Capn Darwin,

Thanks for the poll - I like the idea of more content and agree with Deathtreader, I'm just glad that the game keeps growing.

Mike
Mike

Retired Gunner
Panzer_Leader

Post by Panzer_Leader »

I voted for "new maps and several scenarios every 3 to 4 months", this could also equate to a new campaign (I'd love to see a British campaign, for example). I think DLCs also provide an incremental income stream for OTS and the fact that the content is paid for sets a high bar for quality, e.g. if the installed base doesn't like it, it's unlikely to be commercially successful. Not that quality's an issue with you guys, but it is with other developers.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

My phone ate my reply to an earlier question. New or improved features will be in our standard patch/updates as done with Red Storm. We don't want to create a mess were one player has a feature another does not when trying to play head to head. That is why we add dialog pop-up noting if two players have mismatched versions. To fight a battle using a DLC scenario, both players would need to own the DLC. That make sense.

Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

I voted for both,just like to see something soon............winter is coming.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”