Impact of Mud, Snow, Blizzard on air operations?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

wga8888

Impact of Mud, Snow, Blizzard on air operations?

Post by wga8888 »

My deepest game as Soviets is soon to be at T17. Axis opponent took Kalinin on T15 with pressure south of Moscow. Both of us are low tier players. Rules say bad weather impact air operations in turns of number of planes that fly and abort. I will have to read through again to see if there are any details. One forum post was to put all groups into reserve during mud. May be the time to selectively upgrade some groups (P40Bs, Hurricanes, older TB to IL2, etc) but manual bombing is my only effective way to increase experience. Any insight on air operations during Mud/Snow/Blizzard is appreciated.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
56ajax

RE: Impact of Mud, Snow, Blizzard on air operations?

Post by 56ajax »

I didnt notice too much difference in mud and snow but Blizzard seems to have a larger impact. Movement points on bases decline really quick and squadron travel seems to go up at twice the rate. By Blizzard, if you have been lucky and managing your air force well then it should be rather large so swap as many low morale units into reserve as possible. Change some fighter bombers to bombers eg Hurricanes. They still get air kills and the occasional ground kills as well.
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

Return to “The War Room”