2.0.12 update?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Lowlaner2012

RE: 2.0.12 update?

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Cheers for the info :)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The latest on the update. We have been working on an issue with the What's New doc and the launcher showing the right version of the file. We just figured out why the wrong file was showing this morning and will need to fix a few things to get everything right. As soon as we get both builds approved, the ball can start rolling on releasing to you guys. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Jo van der Pluym

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

Is there all a Estimate Time & Date of Release (ESDR)?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We okayed both installers Friday. I would guess next week, but I have not heard a firm date yet. As soon as I do I will let you guys know.

Jo van der Pluym

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

We okayed both installers Friday. I would guess next week, but I have not heard a firm date yet. As soon as I do I will let you guys know.

Then it's mayby a Eastern Present
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I was hoping, but alas, the word handed down from on high is Tuesday the 18th for the update to release on both Steam and Matrix. Assuming all goes well in between. [;)]

Enigma6584

Post by Enigma6584 »

Thanks for the information.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Well glad its close.......
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Capn I am happy to report that the waypoint timing bug is gone, thanks for all your support :)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'm glad to hear that too. [:D]

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is still a small bug in waypoint timing. In a new PBEM, I had waypoints in position and activated the first waypoint by giving 0 time delay. I then checked the arrival time to waypoint one and realized the unit would arrive too early at the position and so, added some delay time. But instead of delaying arrival time, it indicated that I would arrive even earlier. I decided not to make the move.

If I had executed the move, it is possible that the actual movement times may have reflected the delay. I have also noticed that arrival times are often substantial off from actual arrival times when adjusting waypoint timing. The next action time is correct but not arrival times at waypoints. It is still early in the PBEM, I am on defense and not making many moves, so I am not sure yet if the error is consistent or not.

Much better but still not quite there unfortunately.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Sorry to hear that. That whole code area is a bear to deal with and a number of attempts to correct have fixed some things and then broke others. If you can get some screen shots of the timing error and a your PBEM turn file we can pass it along to Rob to look at. At this point any corrections and fixes will be moved into the Southern Storm code base. Hopefully with the revamp on orders and such Rob can make cleaner code and eliminate these timing glitches when adjustments are made.

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi guys, I have just been doing some testing with waypoints and delays, I cant find any discrepancies... is it possible the differences between the timing and actual arrival times is caused by unforeseen game events or combat?

Or is the timing weirdness only in pbem games? I only tested single player...

Cheers
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Arrival times are sort of an estimate and it is possible that some events may be changing the times. Could also be some weird artifact of being PBEM. Once Rob, gets recovered from his whirlwind tour of Europe and the west coast I'm have him give a better answer. That's his area of code.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”