Facing the Dragon 2014

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

User1984

Facing the Dragon 2014

Post by User1984 »

I loaded the Facing the Dragon 2014 (Community Scenario) and received an error message:

"Aircraft with database ID 2072 is missing from the database and has not been loaded"

My game has the latest patch installed Build 1.11 SR7 906.26

Is there a way to resolve this problem?
michaelm75au

RE: Facing the Dragon 2014

Post by michaelm75au »

Is this from the latest Community Pack 35?
Michael
User1984

Post by User1984 »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Is this from the latest Community Pack 35?

yes
User1984

Post by User1984 »

I have downloaded the latest Community Scenario Pack, but am still having the same problem listed above.

This is from the Warfare Sim Website:

"The last major update of the Community Scenario Pack contained some scenarios that had been erroneously rebuilt to the latest database versions and, as a result, produced a crash when loaded. The problem was located in the rebuild code and fixed, and Miguel Molina has correctly rebuilt the problematic scenarios."
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

Facing the Dragon is messed up in Community Packs 32 through 36, as well, same 2072 ID error.
(Just by the way: the reason it repeats the error 12 times is that there's 12 units of that aircraft in the scenario...)

I'll go look back a bit.

Looks like the single version from Dimitris that is on the Steam Workshop will load correctly.

Ah! If you try to update that one (DB3000 429), you get an error that the SU-30MKK2 Flanker G aircraft is missing in the later DBs. So we'll have to check the name/type/id on that aircraft in later DBs. Then it can be fixed.

I'll tinker with this. I'm learning as I do this, after all!

--Mav
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

Currently looking at the 429 DB version, to see if just replacing the aircraft and putting them back in the proper locations/missions will fix this. It's looking that way, but I haven't completed the examination. There is a similar aircraft with the proper loadout, with a different ID in DB3000 466. So, I'll tinker with this. If I get it working, I'll put it up here, as long as it's not going to cause an issue with Dimitris, the scenario author. I'm trying to fix the scenario, not trying to change it!

Mav

P.S. I have to work tomorrow. If no one else has fixed this by tomorrow night, I'll see what I can do. I know what to do now, I just need to get it is close as possible, and hope it works correctly. It should, but we'll see.
--Mav
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

IIRC the author of this scenario is Tomcat84. I just uploaded it there [:)]
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

I just didn't want to step any toes. I'm learning things about Command in the process of fixing this. I just don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to take anyone's credit for the scenario creation itself. I'm just a mechanic fixing an error. I'm not a designer by any means! [&:]
--Mav
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

I'm not going to post the rebuilt scenario here, as I haven't contacted Tomcat84, or anything of that nature.

However, for those who are trying to load this scenario from any of the Steam or Community Scenario Packs, and are getting an error message with a message that aircraft ID 2702 is missing, here's where to start:

Get the single scenario Facing the Dragon, 2014 from Steam. It will load, and work, albeit in DB3000 DB 429. If you just want to play it, get it there, and have fun.

If you want to update it to the current DB3000 version, then you'll need look at the 429 DB version, see where the 12 examples of SU-30MKK2 a/c are, and what missions they are attached to. Also, the aircraft you're looking for are on the PLAAF side. 8 are in the air, 4 each attached to 2 missions, and 4 on the ground on an airfield, also attached to a mission. I believe the a/c ID number is 4450 in the newer DB(s). Make sure you get the correct loadouts (6 Adder, 4 Archer). I haven't completely tested the result myself, but I'm pretty sure that this will let it play as it did before. There will be a couple of other aircraft you'll have to fix some loadouts as part of the rebuild process once the SU-30MKK2 aircraft are replaced. My understanding is that you won't have to modify the F-16s and tankers that are in the air, but you can re-arm the ones on the ground, and go from there.

Good luck! I've learned a bunch about Command and scenario rebuilding and DBs in this process. I recommend you try it yourself if interested in anything past just playing the scenarios.

Mav
--Mav

Return to “Tech Support”