Is True Multiplayer Coming

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

wallas

Is True Multiplayer Coming

Post by wallas »

As an example if I want to play Romania with 2 other steam friends as Italy and Germany is that coming ? I guess my question is this game staying 2 sided or is multi polar turn based real time in the works ?
battlevonwar

RE: Is True Multiplayer Coming

Post by battlevonwar »

I could see Majors being turn based but Minors? I think Romania has 5-6 Units, wouldn't that be a bad idea and take too much time up? An Average PBEM turn is about 15-20 minutes if you Micro-Analyze but as far as fun and giving people Majors and playing a very long game. Like a Month long I could see that.

I'd rather see Strategic Command Global and giving the US and Japan a role along with the British Empire incorporated. Much like Axis and Allies did but that would be so big and so ambitious I don't know if that will ever be done!
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

I could be wrong but I don't see that happening. This isn't Europa Universalis.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

True, Hexagon wargaming just isn't as popular as RTS. Although if the Devs knew it would sell like pancakes at the IHOP they would do it?

SC2 did do a Pac Campaign. Of course combining the two would probably be a World in Flames nightmare, can you imagine the time needed to do that? With this engine shortened still...

wallas

Post by wallas »

Game is excellent just the way it is, but a true multi polar experience like a paradox game would make it amazing. Just my thoughts but as it stands its excellent and full worth my dollars spent.[:)]
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

Yep this game is not Europa Universalis. Different idea, shorter time, made for ppl who luv turn based strategies

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”