Pacific War, War in the Pacific, etc.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

Pacific War, War in the Pacific, etc.

Post by Rising-Sun »

Just curious how many of you guys own these board games? Did you enjoy it?? I believe most fans that own this didn't have a opponent to play with.

Anyway I manage to make a board game that will bring realistic settings for tactical engagement for ships. Nothing like the rules for their parts and wondering if any of you guys are willing to try it out. Those board games are hard to come by, since it is becoming of a collection.

When I am done with the project, all you have to do is pay have it made and ship it, taxes may apply. Later I will add some screen shots and details, just too early at this stage. They all compatible with all PW and WitP board games.
wings7

RE: Pacific War, War in the Pacific, etc.

Post by wings7 »

Thomas, I would be interested in the screen shots and details when available! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

I owned this one (bought in the late 80s, screenshot). And to be honest never managed to play it. I guess the cat I had at the time would have won that struggle: a quick and definitive KO [:D]

I threw it in the trash in 2002 IIRC (when I bought Uncommon Valor).

Attachments
517fjNdUkBL._SY450_.jpg
517fjNdUkBL._SY450_.jpg (32.55 KiB) Viewed 20 times
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Thomas, I would be interested in the screen shots and details when available! [:)]

Might be a month or so when I get it all done :)
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Own them both, played Pacific War to death. Normally the 43 or 45 campaigns. :) Great game.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Oh yea Witp does not have near enough land scenarios.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

I owned this one (bought in the late 80s, screenshot). And to be honest never managed to play it. I guess the cat I had at the time would have won that struggle: a quick and definitive KO [:D]

I threw it in the trash in 2002 IIRC (when I bought Uncommon Valor).

There is a Vassal module.

I have GMT's Empire of the Sun. The only other Pacific war one was Victory in the Pacific
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Own Pacific War, Fire in the Sky, Fleet Commander Nimitz and recently purchase Empire of the Sun. I've yet to properly get Pacific War to the table as it is more of a pipe dream of getting my 3 year into wargamming or boardgamming one day. I enjoyed Fire in the Sky and Fleet Commander. Downside to Fleet Commander is no over arching campaign. Empire of the Sun looks perfect with a beautiful solitaire system. I am a big Mark Herman fan.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

When I got that Pacific War (posted above) it was interesting game, only that I was disappointed with the naval combat systems. Over the years I been trying to find a way to handle these tactical and making it realistic as possible. I know there are some simulations out there can be good, but lack of information you need to edit it and put them back in the fight again. Maybe someday someone will make this combat model I made here into pc version. But that just beginning of it. After I get done with this, going to make ground tactical that will be played out in scenarios and of course you can use it in grand campaign.

The final piece is having the whole Pacific setup along with these two modules I been working on. Note you will have to buy them separate, The Pacific War would require both Sea and Land for it to work. But Sea and Land can be played alone.

Trying to make a model that will allow shipping that Japan needs to keep the war effort going. Transporting goods, hardware as well troops across the Pacific.

Be warned, this is a lot of mircro management here, esp if you play the grand campaign right after Pearl Harbor got hit.

I am hoping to have all this projects done by end of the year.

Return to “General Discussion”