another vichy bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

joshuamnave

another vichy bug

Post by joshuamnave »

File attached, allied invasion phase. 2 CW corps and a division ready to invade Vichy France. Land the first corps, then try to land a second unit on top of the first unit. The game says you can not invade that hex. You can invade any other vichy hex in the same sea zone but can't pile on to the first hex.
Attachments
Invasion.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
BrianJH

RE: another vichy bug

Post by BrianJH »

I was able to invade with multiple units by selecting them from the Naval Review Details form.

See if this works for you.

EDIT: I might just add that you have to select all the units you want to invade with before hitting the beach.

Brian.

joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

yah I got it to work by moving them as a stack. It's not game breaking, but still a bug. And it could be symptomatic of other problems.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

True.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

File attached, allied invasion phase. 2 CW corps and a division ready to invade Vichy France. Land the first corps, then try to land a second unit on top of the first unit. The game says you can not invade that hex. You can invade any other vichy hex in the same sea zone but can't pile on to the first hex.
The reason you can't add the second unit to the invasion is because after the first one is placed in the hex there is a friendly unit present in the hex.

This would be a problem if units from two different major powers are invading the same hex.[:(]

EDIT: Or if units were invading a hex from different section boxes or sea areas.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Nope, all CW units from the same sea zone and same box. And they can invade one on top of the other elsewhere - in fact that's typically how I do invasions. I suspect it has to do with the status of Vichy becoming hostile to the CW when the first unit is offloaded that makes it impossible for the other two to pile on.

Return to “Tech Support”