Kane and Unable ;] - Game over 1945.

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mike McCreery

RE: Kane and Unable ;]

Post by Mike McCreery »

A month has passed in game. Due to the damage of the KB, MrKane had no way to protect the DEI so invasions went in at Makassar and eventually Balikpapan. The base fell and uncharacteristically, MrKane lost 300 aircraft on the ground. His actions at this base confuse me, he did not attempt to supress me via aircraft which would have been a good idea since I did not bring AA.

I captured 25,000 tons of oil so essentially the base has been shut down in terms of providing oil for all of 1944.

Attachments
losses.jpg
losses.jpg (355.22 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I think most likely you have broken Mr.Kanes personal morale and he is still struggling to come to the new reality. Plus you sell yourself short -- you are an explosive offensive player.

obvert

Post by obvert »

Wow. This game is certainly taking a turn! Nice work. [&o]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Late February 1944

Point wise MrKane is still far ahead. There are troops in the philipines becasuse MrKane did not ever kill them. I think he did this to get Kamakazi's on Jan 1 1944. Kind of a grey area where the rules are concerned.

On the up side, I checked out the game between Greyjoy and MrKane in the AAR's. At the end of 1944 it was showing that MrKane had racked up over 20,000 aircraft losses and his economy was ready to go into the toilet.

Based on this, my goal is to get him to go through at least 1000 aircraft a month or about 33 a day. He is currently far exceeding that amount so one of us is going to run out of planes and it might be me ;]

Attachments
kamis.jpg
kamis.jpg (187.72 KiB) Viewed 63 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Supply. IJ cannot sustain that high of sortie tempo this early. He can easily build 1000 AC/month if he handles his economy, but he can't afford to fly that many this early. He'll be splash on supply before year end ...
Pax
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Supply. IJ cannot sustain that high of sortie tempo this early. He can easily build 1000 AC/month if he handles his economy, but he can't afford to fly that many this early. He'll be splash on supply before year end ...

Yes, I worded that badly. I need him out of supply. MrKane and I do not communicate much online during the game. He once mentioned that he had only lost one game and it was in the beginning against another good player. I am not sure if he has had a game go into 1945.

njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I think most likely you have broken Mr.Kanes personal morale and he is still struggling to come to the new reality. Plus you sell yourself short -- you are an explosive offensive player.

Hear , hear [:D]
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Late April 1944

Attachments
score-4-28-1944.jpg
score-4-28-1944.jpg (97.11 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

I moved a division of troops up and took Bangka Island. In the process I managed to kill about 40 tankers and support ships at Palembang.

After this action MrKane repeatedly bombarded and air attacked the division I had installed but had little luck in disloging my troops or shutting down the airfield. Currently I do not have much air in the area but soon will move more troops and take more islands nearby to interdict the flow of oil.

Attachments
dei.jpg
dei.jpg (560.83 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Moving north toward the Celebes currently. Ruteng just fell after a prolonged fight. Kendari is low or out of supply and has few AA to fight bombers. Ambon will be a fight that I might bypass. This turn I plan on slamming it with everything I have to see if I can clear the harbor.

Attachments
celebes.jpg
celebes.jpg (489.83 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Fighting is slow in Burma.

Attachments
burma.jpg
burma.jpg (460.13 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Here are the plane losses. As you can see, MrKane quickly builds advanced fighter aircraft and uses them almost exclusively.

Attachments
planes.jpg
planes.jpg (84.24 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Thanks for the updates...the Palembang Island move must have been fun!
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Thanks for the updates...the Palembang Island move must have been fun!

It was one of the very few times in this game I have caught MrKane off guard :] To be fair, I wasnt using my carriers like that before.

This turn when the death star showed up on radar, the nearby enemy ports emptied pretty quickly.... LOL!!

He has Kamakazi's and 3 of my large carriers are in repairing in port in Sydney as a testament to what determined and well trained japanese pilots can do. They didnt get tagged in the Palembang romp, they got hit afterwards near Soerbaja.

Java is one of my near term commitments. I am lining up an invasion of cocos island within a few weeks and Java should go down hard hopefully within 2 months. Afterwards it is likely up to the Phillipines unless I decide to try to trap some of his troops in China.

Tough game but fun.
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Making progress in the DEI

Attachments
palembang.jpg
palembang.jpg (369.59 KiB) Viewed 60 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

Here are the plane losses. As you can see, MrKane quickly builds advanced fighter aircraft and uses them almost exclusively.

Think he is in trouble with his economy ... his sortie count is quite high, hard to fund that as IJ ...
Pax
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I am not sure that any Japanese game lasted till Soviet activation for Mr. Kane...so if he has a weakness it is the end game and perhaps the economy end game.
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

He went through about 240,000 sorties in the month of May 1944.

MrKane and I dont talk much but I have gathered that he has only lost 1 game and that was in 1942 against another aggressive player. I do not think he has played a game into 1944.

Havent seen the KB or any part of it for quite a bit.

Also going for MrKane is that he owns all of China and the supply generation there.

Attachments
lossesformay.jpg
lossesformay.jpg (82.09 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

End of May 1944

Situation in the DEI

I grabbed a few bases and solidified my hold east of Palembang. No strategic bombing has occured yet so the base is still fully producing. A beat up division is advancing on Singkawang and should arrive within a few days. There is 1 unit with 3000 troops at the base so I believe it will be easy to take.

My carriers have moved back east to cover an invasion of Kendari involving tanks and artillery and I hope to take the base away from a beat up Japanese division soon. After that the plan is to advance towards Manila and depending on forces either use mindano as a major base or as a japanese POW camp.

Attachments
deimay1944.jpg
deimay1944.jpg (560.45 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

Burma

The Burma front has not moved much. Now that the new heavy fighters are entering the game I am starting to bomb at the front lines. MrKane has most of his tanks at Prome waiting for me to cross the river. I just hit him with a large bomber attack and some units may be on the move. Have not seen supplies to these guys by ship in a long time.

Cant get enough supply to my armies to be effective here yet but keeping up bombardments to wear down his supply until he breaks.

Attachments
buma.jpg
buma.jpg (431.83 KiB) Viewed 60 times

Return to “After Action Reports”