Help with using full screen width

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Major Shane

Help with using full screen width

Post by Major Shane »

I just bought a new computer. I have tried several command switch line configurations, but I just can't get the game screen to use the full width of the screen.
I have a 15 inch screen, AMD A8-7410 with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics.

My last try for command switch line was: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -skipVideo -altFont -deepColor -cpu3 -SingleCpuOrders -SingleCpuStart -fd -px1920 –py1200
Suggestions or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane
witpqs

RE: Help with using full screen width

Post by witpqs »

What is the resolution of the screen?

Did you mean to type "1200" for the height? I ask because many screens are 1920 x 1280.
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

Thanks WITPQS, it was a typo on my part. The correct, and current command switch line on my computer is:
C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -skipVideo -altFont -deepColor -cpu3 -SingleCpuOrders -SingleCpuStart -fd -px1920 –py1280
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Looks like there might be error in "-px1920 –py1280" part, last hyphen looks longer than others, which would mean it's not hyphen but "M-dash". That happens e.g. when copy/pasting from PDF document. Check if that is the case since it would result to program not recognizing it. You need to write the hyphens by keyboard, not pasting them.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

Thanks Sardaukar. I tried that too, but no joy.

I just can't get the X-axis to widen. I've tried the px and the pfx settings on scales of 3000, 1366, 1280, 1020, and 800. It just never moves. Does anyone have a additional suggestions?
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

Can you show us a screen capture pict?
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

1920x1080 is common size as is 1920x1200, for a desktop, depending if your monitor is 16:9 or 16:10.
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Can you show us a screen capture pict?

Screenshot of my command switch? Or of my computer's display settings?
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

I was able to make the below command switch line work on my Flat Screen TV (Sharp Aquos) but no joy on my laptop screen.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -px1920 -py1080 -skipVideo -archive -wd -altFont -deepColor -cpu4 -SingleCpuOrders -SingleCpuStart -multiaudio -dd_sw -d
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

What is the actual spec for the laptop screen? You can also get into the settings on Windows to look at what options it has available for resolutions. That might be a good thing to do since it should tell you resolutions that are supported by the hardware.
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

I'm getting frustrated. How do I post a picture or screen shot here?

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: m_shane_perkins

I'm getting frustrated. How do I post a picture or screen shot here?

Whatever method you are using to take your screen pic, save it as (or convert it to) a .jpg. When you post your reply use the Reply button instead of the quick reply are at the bottom. The Reply button will give you a pop up to type in, there will be a "Click here to upload!". Click on it, then click Choose file, choose the file, click on OK after the upload finishes. Also check the box "Embed picture in post" before you finish your post.
twenck99

Post by twenck99 »

Try -pxf1920 -pyf1280

- pxf/pyf are undocumented switches for non-standard screen sizes

This works for me out to 2560 x 1080
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

If you have 15" screen on laptop, you might be exceeding your display max. resolution. I have 17" and max. resolution for me is 1366x768.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

You need to determine what your max resolution is.

Close or minimize all programs.
Right click on your desktop.
Select "Display Settings" from the menu
Toward the bottom of the middle of the page, look for "Advanced display settings" and click it.
You will see a "Resolution" box. Whatever your max Resolution is will be what the max you can set Full Screen to, provided you have your screen set to it.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
stretch

Post by stretch »

ORIGINAL: twenck99

Try -pxf1920 -pyf1280

- pxf/pyf are undocumented switches for non-standard screen sizes

This works for me out to 2560 x 1080

+1 This is what solved my window size issues a while back.
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

Guys, sorry for dropping off for a week, but life got in the way. Thanks to everyone for your recommendations and assistance. Thanks to you I was able to make it work. It was a combination of the command script and changing a setting on my laptop's video driver. In case any one else has a similar issue here is what I used to solve my problem:

Command switch line: -px1366 -py768 -skipVideo -archive -fd -altFont -deepColor -cpu4 -SingleCpuOrders -SingleCpuStart -multiaudio -dd_sw -d

AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Processor (0x9851): Desktop Display>My Built-in Displays>Properties: Maximum reported resolution 1366 x 768. Image Scaling Preferences "Maintain aspect ratio." The default setting was "scale image to full panel size."

Again thanks to the community for the help.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (56.41 KiB) Viewed 183 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Image Scaling Preferences "Maintain aspect ratio." The default setting was "scale image to full panel size."

Thanks! I didn't even realize that any video drivers have a setting that would change the aspect ratio. Sounds like a "sub-optimal" default.

Return to “Tech Support”