TOE Question

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

TOE Question

Post by Dili »

If i put an unit linked to a TOE but that TOE is dated after the scenario start will it only affect the unit after that date ? I ask because i want to preserve TOE slots and if i can configure the first unit version without wasting a TOE slot that will be helpful.
cardas

RE: TOE Question

Post by cardas »

If you have a look at the standard game TOEs you'll notice that the delay part isn't when it comes into effect, it's when you can upgrade to the next TOE.

Let's take the stock scenario 1 TOE for US infantry divisions, slot 2511. Is has the following data:
Delay: 420701
TOE ID: 2511
Upgrade TOE: 2512
That data means any unit using TOE 2511 can upgrade to TOE 2512 after 1942.07.01, not that TOE 2511 only starts affecting units at that date. That's why the last TOE has a delay 0 as in a TOE upgrade chain. That data field isn't of any use if the TOE isn't upgrading to a new TOE.

So short answer, no.
Dili

RE: TOE Question

Post by Dili »

Thanks so i was understanding the date in TOE's wrong way. It means when it changes to the next one. Not when it starts to be valid.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”