v1.02.01 Hotfix EXEs Available

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Hubert Cater

v1.02.01 Hotfix EXEs Available

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hotfix set of EXEs that primarily correct the Denmark/Norway issue but also include a few other items that were already being worked on at our end.

v1.02.01

- fixed a PBEM++ error where Neutral countries attacked on the very first turn of a challenge showed a few extra units (in the attacked country) during the replay sequence.
- fixed a scripted SURRENDER_2 event error that would cause Minor countries to surrender to 'Neutral' as opposed to their Axis or Allied occupier.
- fixed a zoom issue, center of the map area currently being viewed is now used instead of the upper left corner.
- fixed an issue where the game was not recognizing Windows display scaling settings and as a result was then not properly showing all information areas, thinking it had less space to do so.
- fixed an attacking air unit targeting error for when defending naval units in storm conditions could not be targeted if on a clear sea island hex.
- fixed an error in the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen that did not allow you to view a full list of campaigns if you had more installed than the current 13 listable slots.
- fixed a sound playback error that had Cavalry Brigade and Divisions using the Corps movement sound and not the Cavalry Corps movement sound effect.
- fixed a custom sounds and fonts error that still did not have them properly read and load if set in a custom campaign.ini file.
- fixed a naval unit action point recalculation error for when a fully mobilized unit encountered a hidden non fully mobilized unit under fog of war.
- Subs in Silent mode will now have that mode displayed on the unit whether it is a friendly or enemy unit.
- Subs that are attacked while running in Silent mode, will now have their potential losses reduced by 50%.
- defending subs that are in Silent mode will have their return fire effectiveness reduced by 50% with no hits possible against attacking aircraft.
- mouse hovering over Oil and Mine resources now show their STRENGTH value as opposed to being listed as a SUPPLY value.

Currently there is no installer for this and the files can only be downloaded from Dropbox, note you do not need a Dropbox account to download these files as there should be an option in the upper right hand corner of the screen to select 'Download':

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zlgjgnu77hk0 ... e3R1a?dl=0

Please copy/paste these files over your installation folder EXEs and this will unofficially bring your game up to v1.02.01 until a proper installer is available from Matrix.

Apologies for any inconvenience,
Hubert
ludi18671

RE: v1.02.01 Hotfix EXEs Available

Post by ludi18671 »

Hi Hubert

First, thanks for putting this out so rapidly. Second, I cannot copy over the application file at present as I get a "invalid serial key" error...is there a way around that?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Is this error message seen after you try and launch the new EXE, or during the copy/paste process?

TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

Hello Hubert,

thanks again for the quick and patient support.
The Vanilla Campaigns, Elite Forces and Battleground America are now running flawlessly!

[&o][8D]
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Great to hear and I really look forward to seeing the Battleground America mod when it is finished... and from what I saw, so far really good [:D]
ludi18671

Post by ludi18671 »

Hi Hubert

The error message happens during the copy/paste process. I do not think I am doing anything wrong, but maybe I am!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Copying over an executable should not cause that problem. That would generally mean that something else was done to the installation. Best bet is to reinstall from the full installer, then update and hotfix and see if that works.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ludi18671

Post by ludi18671 »

Hi Erik

I started the whole thing again, and the FIRST message I got was something about not running as administrator. Then it started going back to the "invalid serial key error" (and stayed like that). What is going on?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Not sure to be honest, likely you need to run as an Administrator, but perhaps it is best to wait for the official hotfix installer which should be hopefully available soon.
Leadwieght

Post by Leadwieght »

Hi,

I have held off updating to 1.02 in order to play out some matches. When I do update, will the 1.02.01 hotfix be applied automatically, or will I need to do a two-step update?

Thanks,

LW
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Leadweight

We will release an 'official version' of Hubert's v1.02.01 hotfix.
The official version will be v1.03, come with an installer and will be comprehensive update so you won't need to install
v1.02.01 and then v1.03, just v1.03

Having said that it will take us at least a couple of days to get it out.

regards
Ben Wilkins
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: ludi18671
I started the whole thing again, and the FIRST message I got was something about not running as administrator. Then it started going back to the "invalid serial key error" (and stayed like that). What is going on?

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you certainly should be, or should at least have administrator rights granted when installing/running the game. I'm guessing because you are not running as administrator, the installer cannot set things up properly, which is causing the error.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Hello Leadweight

We will release an 'official version' of Hubert's v1.02.01 hotfix.
The official version will be v1.03, come with an installer and will be comprehensive update so you won't need to install
v1.02.01 and then v1.03, just v1.03

Having said that it will take us at least a couple of days to get it out.

regards
Ben Wilkins

Hello Benedict

Will I be able to install the official version v1.03 over the Hotfix? I ask this because my Win10 don't like dropped Exe files. It works but the system complains at every game start...
[8|]
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

I did get some issues with the hotfix exe's.
Windows 10 Smartscreen was blocking the executable files, Game and editor (with NO options like "run anyway" or such stuff).
So I finally disable Smartscreen and now everything is OK

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's true and it's advisable to also install the installer-based update once it is available as that will include the signed executable that won't set off Smartscreen or anything else.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello TheBattlefield

Yes, you will be able to install the official v1.03 version over the hotfix

regards
Ben Wilkins
Juliuspluvius

Post by Juliuspluvius »

untill now all go in the correct way, thanks for your fast patch
Every time that I close the cabin of my plane I feel that I close the lid of my coffin

German pilot in 1944
Juliuspluvius

Post by Juliuspluvius »

What´s happen?, i try to play and ask for the 1.03 versión and i cannot found in matrix. Where is the new versión?
Every time that I close the cabin of my plane I feel that I close the lid of my coffin

German pilot in 1944
Juliuspluvius

Post by Juliuspluvius »

[8|][8|]With the update tool, sorry

German pilot in 1944
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Julio
Version 1.03 has uploaded and is now available

regards
Ben Wilkins

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”