Observations

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

battlevonwar

Observations

Post by battlevonwar »

Barbarossa event Shock doesn't occur if the date is off June 22nd '41?

Italian HQ that goes to North Africa along with Army doesn't deploy if Eastern Libya is Allied and sits in force pool.

Siberians transfer only happens in April '42?
BillRunacre

RE: Observations

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi battlevonwar

The Barbarossa Shock event only occurs in the 1941 campaign as a different mechanism is used in the 1939 and 1940 campaigns that wouldn't be possible in the 1941 campaign without forcing the Axis player to manually declare war on the USSR.

Have the Allies declared war on Italy within the first few turns? Is this the Allied AI or a player?

The Siberian transfer is contingent on Axis advances. If the Axis advances don't move very far into the USSR then the Siberians will arrive in the spring of 1942, so the Axis have no real incentive to delay their advances in order to avoid triggering the transfer.

I hope that helps.

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

Yes actually!

In the 2nd instance with Bardi HQ I think it is and a Corp in Libya it is stuck in the force pool and cannot be deployed cause the UK overran Libya before it was set by the scripts to be deployed. Pops up every turn now. Italy was brought in early by Allies abandoning bases in the Med.

I read the Siberians Transfer rule(in the manual there are set hexes or in the scripts), one player had told me it always happens in Spring of '42 no matter what. Was merely curious if it was triggered earlier by a German Rapid advance. I guess the only reason not to trigger it if you were going for some sort of delay and defense East and all out West?

Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Yep that Italian Bardia HQ always gets stuck from being able to deploy for a while for me as well?
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

Yes actually!

In the 2nd instance with Bardi HQ I think it is and a Corp in Libya it is stuck in the force pool and cannot be deployed cause the UK overran Libya before it was set by the scripts to be deployed. Pops up every turn now. Italy was brought in early by Allies abandoning bases in the Med.

I read the Siberians Transfer rule(in the manual there are set hexes or in the scripts), one player had told me it always happens in Spring of '42 no matter what. Was merely curious if it was triggered earlier by a German Rapid advance. I guess the only reason not to trigger it if you were going for some sort of delay and defense East and all out West?

Ok, I'll have to think of an alternative for those Italian units. Probably having them arrive in Italy and giving Italy a few more MPPs so they can afford to ship them over.

I don't think that abandoning those positions in the Med will be enough to bring Italy into the war so soon. Something else is probably going on too, or is this from a previous version, i.e. before we removed the scripts triggering Italian mobilization if Allied ships were near the Italian coast?

The Siberians are triggered by Axis advances, so it just means that the Axis haven't advanced far enough if they deploy in the spring.

Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

Yes actually!

Ok, I'll have to think of an alternative for those Italian units. Probably having them arrive in Italy and giving Italy a few more MPPs so they can afford to ship them over.

I don't think that abandoning those positions in the Med will be enough to bring Italy into the war so soon. Something else is probably going on too, or is this from a previous version, i.e. before we removed the scripts triggering Italian mobilization if Allied ships were near the Italian coast?

The Siberians are triggered by Axis advances, so it just means that the Axis haven't advanced far enough if they deploy in the spring.

Something else must be going on because the Bardia HQ cannot deploy before the UK takes anything for me. Eventually after many turns the game will allow me to deploy it. I just always thought that was normal haha.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Something else must be going on because the Bardia HQ cannot deploy before the UK takes anything for me. Eventually after many turns the game will allow me to deploy it. I just always thought that was normal haha.

Oh, not at all. I'll have to run a test. Is this with the latest patch or previous versions?

Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Oh, not at all. I'll have to run a test. Is this with the latest patch or previous versions?

Has happened with me on several previous versions have not tried the new patch yet.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”