2.0.12 update?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Deathtreader

2.0.12 update?

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Just curious as to what will be in the next update........

Rob.[:)]
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
CapnDarwin

RE: 2.0.12 update?

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rob,

We are fixing six or so bugs reported after the release of 2.0.11. I'll be post more info in a few days on what those are. Nothing earth shattering, but worth a fix while we are working on Southern Storm.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Thanks for the info....good stuff!

Would you be willing to consider scenario corrections in the update? Specifically the Reforged scenario Spartans at Nordenfelt -- the NATO player does not get the 5 improved positions he's told he will, and in the alternate version the improved positions are changed to 5 obstructions but NATO does not get those either. Small potatoes I know, but should be an easy fix/addition for you folks.
Just a thought.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

As promised, here is a little something-something about the 2.0.12 Update as we are calling it.

Looking at fixing the following bugs/issues:
1. Unit black hole bug: A condition where units in a hex with wrecks and cover disappear from LOS. We know what is wrong and working on a fix and also a small performance boost (we hope).
2. HQ Radio message spam bug: A player ran into a case where radio messages for the same event were popping up constantly. Test the fix.
3. FP9/Image Map Values Edit crash: Trying to load images in the Map Values editor was causing a crash. Fixed and being tested.
4. PBEM Load fail: Still being investigated, but not looking repeatable. Hard fix what you can't find. [;)]
5. Intel Screen Glitch: In some cases, enemy groups are getting double reported. I would say that's a great real life feature, but something weird is going on. Investigating.
6. Teleporting HiHQ at Setup: Some real Harry Potter stuff here. A weird combo of group orders at setup and moving units. Rob thinks we have it nailed down and we are checking it out.
7. Way Point Editor Timing Glitch: We are looking it to this again and the latest attempt did not fix and broke something else as well. This is a minefield section of code. Working it, but may revert and live with the original issue in Red Storm (Southern Storm will have a revamp of this code and deal with any remaining issues). Sometimes you have to punt. We are getting close on this one.

That's the long and short of it for now. No ETA just as yet as many of us have been dealing with other RL issues this month. We will keep you posted. [8D]

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rob,

Are you sure about that scenario issue. Both Charles and I looked at those scenarios and there is no mention of IPs or Obstacles in the missions. There are 5 minefields on the map. We are confused. [&:]

Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Rob,

Are you sure about that scenario issue. Both Charles and I looked at those scenarios and there is no mention of IPs or Obstacles in the missions. There are 5 minefields on the map. We are confused. [&:]

Hi,

Yup, I'm sure.
When you close the TOC at the very beginning of a new scenario thus starting the pregame setup phase a little window pops up recapping your force numbers by type, and the number of improved positions and/or obstacles and/or minefields the player has (if any) then it goes on to tell you they are placed by the scenario designer and cannot be changed by the player. In both instances the 5 minefields are mentioned and present but the 2 scenario versions also mention 5 IP's in one and 5 OBS in the other.
Honest!! [:)]

Rob.

edited to correct sequence.
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Ok, I see what you are talking about. That window is wrong and appears to be due to a bug from many years ago. When I first built the scenario I included 5 improved positions and 5 minefields, but I took them out early on for play balance. They have not been in the scenario for a long time (since the beginning) and won't be in the scenario. For now, don't trust that window regarding IPs and minefields, trust your eyes on the map. There are no improved positions or minefields. I spot checks a few other scenarios in Red Storm and they have the same problem, if the designer placed them initially in the game and then deleted them, they are still being listed in that window and that window alone.

I did built a test scenario to see if it is still occurrring, and it doesn't appear to be in new scenarios. This just appears to be a bug affecting older scenarios going back to at least those created for FPG.
Charles Belva
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: cbelva

Ok, I see what you are talking about. That window is wrong and appears to be due to a bug from many years ago. When I first built the scenario I included 5 improved positions and 5 minefields, but I took them out early on for play balance. They have not been in the scenario for a long time (since the beginning) and won't be in the scenario. For now, don't trust that window regarding IPs and minefields, trust your eyes on the map. There are no improved positions or minefields. I spot checks a few other scenarios in Red Storm and they have the same problem, if the designer placed them initially in the game and then deleted them, they are still being listed in that window and that window alone.

I did built a test scenario to see if it is still occurrring, and it doesn't appear to be in new scenarios. This just appears to be a bug affecting older scenarios going back to at least those created for FPG.

OK, thanks !!

Good to know....for awhile I thought I couldn't see the forest because of the trees.

Jo van der Pluym

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

Is there all more news about it?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are packing up the files for the update this weekend so we can ship it off to Matrix on Monday for the installer build. So it is making its way out. We will keep you posted on where it is in the system. [8D]

MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Awesome! Thanks for the good work and support!
Mike

Retired Gunner
Jo van der Pluym

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

We are packing up the files for the update this weekend so we can ship it off to Matrix on Monday for the installer build. So it is making its way out. We will keep you posted on where it is in the system. [8D]

That's good news. Thanks
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I am about to do turn 1 on a new PBEM. Will we be able to continue with the new patch?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'm going to say there may be a problem if you update mid PBEM. I'd go for better safe than sorry. We sent up a couple file tweaks this evening and with any luck we'll see an update soon.

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Thanks. I just sent an email to my email partner and we are mulling over whether to start or wait.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Quousque tandem? When it's finally released PLEASE make the installation user-friendly, like your CMANO colleagues do.
Gino
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Gino, it should be the same installer as all other Matrix Games. What have you seen that is different? The game on Steam will auto-update when the official release is pushed out.

Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Thanks, Cap'n. I don't have Steam, but if you're going to use the standard MG installer it's no sweat. The reason I brought this up is that I remember a while ago having a tense time with 2 or 3 update installations. Unfortunately I can't remember the game. I do remember, though, having to follow a large number of incompletely explained steps before succeeding in having the update up and running.
Gino
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi Capn, I am eagerly awaiting the new patch... is there any news from Matrix?

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are working to get the last file into the installer packages and checked out. As soon as we get a clean build for both installers we will let you guys know.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”