Boot Camp 3

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Gerry4321

Boot Camp 3

Post by Gerry4321 »

First, I am hoping someone else might start a thread soon.

Second, major trouble with this boot camp. The idea is to introduce you to vehicles I think. But the problem is it introduces mines as well. All well and good but I have started twice now. Forded in two places (thought you had to cross there, where there are tracks, but maybe that is where I am wrong). Last time all three vehicles destroyed.

And I would like to see the half-tracks used ....
rickier65

RE: Boot Camp 3

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

First, I am hoping someone else might start a thread soon.

Second, major trouble with this boot camp. The idea is to introduce you to vehicles I think. But the problem is it introduces mines as well. All well and good but I have started twice now. Forded in two places (thought you had to cross there, where there are tracks, but maybe that is where I am wrong). Last time all three vehicles destroyed.

And I would like to see the half-tracks used ....

It's been quite a while since I've played the boot camp scenarios, but I do seem to recall that you should be able to cross at that point (where the tracks are). I do remember being pretty unhappy with the mines. If you want to have some halftracks, you can try the Campaign for the 3rd Panzer, The Bear from Berlin. I know it has half tracks. It's only four battles long if I recall.

Thanks
Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I didn't like this mission. It seemed like a trick to me.

Also, I had posted about ways to do minefields. We do have minefield terrain so that marked minefields can be built.
'Mine' terrain is announced with the cursor.
Making marked minefields is a little hard to coordinate, as mines are placed in the scenario maker but the mine terrain is built into the map.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

It was the first scenario to introduce vehicles so it would have been a good decision to leave out the mines so the vehicles live and instead boost the Soviet OOB. One of the hints talks about learning and practicing the ideal range for your weapons. So all is lost once the mines do their work.

Thanks for the feedback.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I'm not sure what that scenario teaches. The minefields are at maximum high concentration and are layered on top of one another to make them impassible. No other scenario in the game has that high concentration of mines. If a minefield was that dense in reality sympathetic detonations would set off the entire field.

I'm working on a new map for that scenario. It's to have marked and un-marked minefields that may allow some, none or all vehicles to get through or around. Then one can learn how many halftracks and squads are needed to defeat the Soviet force.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks for the information. It did seem impossible.

And thanks for redoing the map - hopefully others will be interested. I notice there are quite a few views on some threads, hopefully it is not the same 2 people viewing multiple times!

Gerry

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”