Relocate Fleet to Pearl

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Majorball68

Relocate Fleet to Pearl

Post by Majorball68 »

After the relocate fleet to Pearl option is taken is it necessary to have planes on the CV you send there to satisfy the 2 CV limit?

Playing with pilots and separate Carrier Planes.
Joseignacio

RE: Relocate Fleet to Pearl

Post by Joseignacio »

Good question, I couldn't tell.

Here is another: If you need to, do the planes need to be aboard?
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Common questions.

I can't recall how MWiF answers them.

But in the public draft of the version 8 rules, the answer is - the CVs must be class 4 (dark blue color), and must have a CV plane aboard. I hope this becomes one of the minor simple things that allow MWiF to slowly evolve towards the new rules.

In the meantime, one could be a sporting opponent and play along with what should be an obvious intent of the rule - 2 true Fleet Carriers, with planes aboard, in Pearl Harbor. CVs were becoming the new BBs just before the war started and clearly the Bearne and the Langley with no active air wings training with them would not have the geo-political heft of a pair of true fleet CVs, just as the appearance of a Light Cruiser off your coast meant nothing in the previous age of Battleship Diplomacy..
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

I envy you, You seem to be playing with gentlemen. [:D] In my case people are extremely mean in every possible advantage. No sporting opponent.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Yes, RAW8 forces the Ranger and Wasp to be there with one each of the most up-to-date 1927 CVPs aboard. [;)]
Paul
Majorball68

Post by Majorball68 »

Well I am at that stage now. Last 3 ships moved into Pearl including 2 CV without CVP and chance of DOW Japan goes to 10%. Undo the move and it goes back to 0.

It appears you don't need CVP in MWiF to avoid the +2 to DOW roll.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Well, I've almost always interned the Bearn and put it to good use in Pearl. To bad that that isn't allowed anymore in the new rules draft. The Bearn was very usefull (and expendable) for that duty...
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Majorball68

Well I am at that stage now. Last 3 ships moved into Pearl including 2 CV without CVP and chance of DOW Japan goes to 10%. Undo the move and it goes back to 0.

It appears you don't need CVP in MWiF to avoid the +2 to DOW roll.
Yeah in RAW7 there was no restriction on what junk CV you sent to Pearl. Hardly ever makes a difference anyway since to do a port strike and catch any CV, Japan has to be in an adjacent sea zone at the start of a turn and be moving first and likely had to have moved last in the previous turn; or with the Allies having to RTB in that prior turn, RTBing the CVs there knowing the risk, because if the Japanese fleet is adjacent to Pearl, the CVs should not be in harbor.

That is a rare set of circumstances.
Paul

Return to “WIF School”