strength stats

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

lion_of_judah

strength stats

Post by lion_of_judah »

Vic
I was wondering if down the road ATG will have total troop stats and replacements stats like dccp does as I find that more enjoyable and realistic. Just wondering and hoping.
Twotribes

RE: strength stats

Post by Twotribes »

Just wanna change the game ehh? I hate that about long lasting games people ask for changes till the game is not what it originally was )
Favoritism is alive and well here.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I don't think adding reporting features introduces any dangerous changes. I have to agree with Lion_of_judah that there are many reporting features I would love to see.

1. Each turn's production and loss statistics exportable to a spreadsheet.

2. Some sort of query language which could provide a unit display (clickable) answering the question "Show all units containing 'CL1'". A database containing such information would be fantastic and the query language of choice - SQL! Perhaps the perfect way to do this is a button for "Export to Access", with options to do an auto-export at turn's end.

3. Select a HQ, click a button, and all units reporting to this HQ are highlighted on the map. Like "War in the East" would be great.

4. So many more features, none of which could affect play balance, and none of which you would have to use.

Chuck
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I agree as it makes the game more fun and not so humdrum. I hated manually sending replacements all the time as it takes too much time and makes the game not fun, that is why I love the new TO&E and would like to see some of dccp incorporated into ATG. Like having a simple editor for us who are programming challenged.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I don't think the game has ever been "humdrum", at least not to me. I keep coming back to it again and again, even well after the novelty has worn off. Agree that the TO&E feature was a great addition. I do hope that Vic comes out with an AT Platinum one of these days or does keep improving on it with further patches including new features. ATG is a wargaming classic I think.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

was wondering if you have thought about making more Indian troops instead of just the one. Maybe one with a British style helmet for upgraded units... maybe

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”