Op Report vs. Intell report

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

Op Report vs. Intell report

Post by pontiouspilot »

I recently sank what visually appeared to be Kaga. The Intell report under ships sank declared Soryu the victim. A few turns later the Op Report confirmed the sinking of Kaga. The Intell report has never changed to Kaga. From this I assume that the Op report is the reliable source and the Intell report is BS?? Is this a random inconsistency? Do I infer from this that Ops reports don't lie?
crsutton

RE: Op Report vs. Intell report

Post by crsutton »

With FOW the intel report is frequently off base but will correct itself as time passes. Basically, if you sunk a ship six months ago, the information is accurate. I just severely damaged the Kaga, sunk the Shokaku and Junyo but the intel reports tells me I sunk the Kaga, Soryu and Hiyo. Eventually, as time passes the correct information will show.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I'll watch for the Intel Report changing. Is it an overstatement then that Ops reports don't lie?
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Don't believe the names in the intel reports. Believe your eyes in the combat report. The combat report doesn't lie about ship names.

Also, if the combat report says the ship is sunk - it's sunk.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

thanks CR and Loko

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”