Matrix Spring Sale

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wolfe69

RE: Matrix Spring Sale

Post by wolfe69 »

Well I missed the sale on World in Flame back in December (someone told me) and would like to see this on Spring sale or otherwise I would have to wait til December this year.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Wolf, maybe you will get a coupon on your anniversary of joining? I wish I had a coupon for you
wolfe69

Post by wolfe69 »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Wolf, maybe you will get a coupon on your anniversary of joining? I wish I had a coupon for you

Yeah that would be nice, but nothing in the email box. No biggie, been playing WitP:AE right now vs. AI and see how well I go as Japan on grand campaign, this should keep me busy this year.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

If Spring sale is coming, I am thinking of buying Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

That's what I am doing of late. Just playing some games on my HD that I rarely play.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

I bought a lot of games from Matrix during the Christmas sale and have only really played Carriers At War. I'm not really looking to pick anything up in the Spring/Easter sale.

I keep eyeing Fortress Europa but I have WITW and that covers that theatre but I do like the look of it.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys - obviously if there is a sale it would not be announced in advance so we wont have anything to say on that.

On 3rd party keys - sadly Steam have deprecated that system. We are no longer allowed to offer 3rd party keys when you buy on Steam so there are some recent releases that allow this but we're not allowed to do it going forwards.

Currently the only way to get the game on both sites is to buy from us them register your key on Steam. If in doubt, buy from us! :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Currently the only way to get the game on both sites is to buy from us them register your key on Steam. If in doubt, buy from us! :)

I normally do that, but it seems like the past couple of sales have been steam only though [:(]
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

I continue to buy on Matrix store and I am happy not to have Steam installed. I hope this will continue even if Steam seems more and more to become the standard.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sales are all site specific. We have sales that steam don't have and vice versa. There are so many outlets now that trying to match sales across them all is logistically impossible. We are not going to stop selling games direct - its an important part of what makes us different and allows us to sell boxed games (something which makes us unique!).
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

I tend to buy games from here and get a Steam key and a download. I find that's the best of both worlds and I'd rather Matrix/Slitherine get more money than Valve/Steam skimming their 30% off the top. They already have more than enough. [:)]

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2

Return to “General Discussion”