Afrika Korps deploys - well almost

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
elmo3

Afrika Korps deploys - well almost

Post by elmo3 »

In my PBEM++ game I just paid to deploy the Afrika Korps. Only six units came on at Tripoli. No HQ and no armor. Working as designed? If so I hope the script can be changed to make sure an HQ deploys first, and preferably the armor unit. Will those units deploy next turn or is this a bug? Do I have to make room for them by moving units away from Tripoli?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
BillRunacre

RE: Afrika Korps deploys - well almost

Post by BillRunacre »

If there's not enough room then they won't be able to deploy, so it'll be best to create some space.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

There are no enemy units within a few hexes of Tripoli so there was plenty of room. So are you saying only 6 units can land, one in Tripoli and 5 in the adjacent land hexes? I'm sure the whole Afrika Korps landed in and around Benghazi in one turn in a game I played against the AI. They were not restricted to just the port and immediate surrounding hexes.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Guderian1940

Post by Guderian1940 »

In an AI game I had the AK only deployed 3 units. It appears it depends on a few unknown variables. I do not remember the exact situation but there was enough room.

No additional units landed after that.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Sounds buggy to me. I moved units away from Tripoli and no more AK landed that turn. If no more land next turn with hexes open then it's a bug IMHO.

WitE alpha/beta tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

OK, on the next turn in my PBEM++ game I held Tripoli and had two of the hexes adjacent to it free to receive units. None came ashore so my AK still has no armor or HQ. There was a British unit adjacent to Tripoli, but there were no enemy units adjacent to the open hexes. To me this is a bug that needs to get fixed unless I'm missing something.

WitE alpha/beta tester
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

In 653H [solo] the UK gets seven units deployed to Cairo in Egypt [similar to the Axis DAK event] and even with an existing garrison in Cairo they all appear on the same turn, so it is possible to get all your units. Not sure why you don't [&:]

Attachments
SC3c14.jpg
SC3c14.jpg (103.65 KiB) Viewed 108 times
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Hopefully Hubert or Bill will have an answer at some point but it's Sunday so I'm not expecting anything today.

WitE alpha/beta tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Based on my observations and Guderian's it looks like the Afrika Korps is bugged when entering the game. Any confirmation from Bill/Hubert on this?

WitE alpha/beta tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Any chance of getting an official reply here please?

WitE alpha/beta tester
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

I've run a test with the destination location filled with units and the new arrivals deployed around the outside.

I could understand it being a problem if the enemy have units nearby so that there aren't eight friendly hexes available for deployment, could that be what happened here?

I think I've found a solution for this if that was the case.

Thanks

Bill

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

One unit deployed in Tripoli and 5 more in the adjacent hexes, with the 6th hex being water. There were enough other uncontested hexes to the west and south of Tripoli for the HQ and armor units to deploy. If they had tried to deploy east of Tripoli then they would have been adjacent to enemy units, but the hexes themselves were not occupied as best I recall.

Not sure about Guderian's situation where only 3 units deployed but he thinks there were enough empty hexes as he posted above.

WitE alpha/beta tester
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Thanks elmo3. If you or anyone else does see this again please post/send me screenshots and/or saves (if possible) to bill.runacre@furysoftware.com

Return to “Tech Support”