aircraft replacement question

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Arstavidios

aircraft replacement question

Post by Arstavidios »

Hello, I just reinstalled WITP on a computer. I seem to recall that there was an option to manually add replacement aircraft and pilots to air units. And also that an option to chose upgrade paths was added in some version.

These options don't seem to be there anymore in the latest version. Have they been removed or am I missing something? some option to chose somewhere?

Anybody still playing that game or reading the forum or everybody moved to AE and other games?
Capt

RE: aircraft replacement question

Post by Capt »

I found I could do most of the things that you want by using the editor. Was never aware of an option to alter the upgrade paths of aircraft.
"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)"

Jacky Fisher
Arstavidios

Post by Arstavidios »

IIRC it was added in one of the late patches but then I think it was removed again. That was some years ago so I'm not quite sure about it.
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

In the latest version:

1) Manually adding aircraft and replacements can be done, so long as the unit is not at full strength. This is shown when viewing an individual air unit. Perhaps you are looking at units already at full strength?

2) There is an option when starting a new game to control whether the player can decide what aircraft models to upgrade to. This does not allow any combination, for example a PBY unit cannot convert to P-51s, but it does allow the unit to change to other similar float planes when they become available.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”