Another counter mod (COMPLETED and ready for download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Steely Glint

RE: Another counter mod (COMPLETED and ready for download)

Post by Steely Glint »

(Never mind. Killed the bug myself.)
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

(Never mind. Killed the bug myself.)
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
IronCoffins88

RE: Another counter mod (on going)

Post by IronCoffins88 »

Is the Russian Set done? I know i saw a picture of them, but in my game their the only ones that still have the standerd counter set still
FF_1079

Post by FF_1079 »

ORIGINAL: IronCoffins88

Is the Russian Set done? I know i saw a picture of them, but in my game their the only ones that still have the standerd counter set still

Yeah, because of a unique unit the Soviets have, there is an additional action that needs to be taken to have the Soviet units show up as Sipres created them. Just go back a page or two - and you will see what is required to make the Soviet units use his counters.
Fondly remembers SSI's "Clash of Steel"
IronCoffins88

Post by IronCoffins88 »

got it to work now, thank you sir
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Great set. My only difficulty was distinguishing the army from corps at maximum zoom. Could the former be given a different colour nato symbol as in the standard counters or your medium zoom level.
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Great set. My only difficulty was distinguishing the army from corps at maximum zoom. Could the former be given a different colour nato symbol as in the standard counters or your medium zoom level.

Hello Ironclad,

I plan to modify the actual MOD to enhance readability and add Zoom level , but honestly I cannot provide a time frame as I am currently very busy.
Be patient..

Christophe
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Hello Ironclad,

I plan to modify the actual MOD to enhance readability and add Zoom level , but honestly I cannot provide a time frame as I am currently very busy.
Be patient..

Christophe

Thanks, good to know. [&o]
PrinceMiskin

Post by PrinceMiskin »

Superb job!

My only remark would be that I would have liked the halftrack representation for motorized corps (eg Sd Kfz, Universal, M series, STZ). Universal was fully tracked though... :-)

The lorry is something I mentally attribute to a supply unit.

Then again this is probably historically inaccurate, but feels good to give Panzerkorps Grossdeutschland a Sd Kfz halftrack rather than an Opel Blitz. :-)
zombiewarrior07

Post by zombiewarrior07 »

Urr, sorry, can u please provide a direct link to 'post # 54' ?
Thanks. [&:]
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

ORIGINAL: zombiewarrior07

Urr, sorry, can u please provide a direct link to 'post # 54' ?
Thanks. [&:]

Here it is:

fb.asp?m=4213604
zombiewarrior07

Post by zombiewarrior07 »

Thank you!
[:)]
NicolaiMa

Post by NicolaiMa »

Great Job! thank you sipres.

The mod works with steam version? I can´t see the images correctly. I have copied Major_04 in all campaigns and nothing.[:(]
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

Hi NicolaiMA.

Do you mean only Soviets counters didnt display correctly? and any others are OK?

NicolaiMa

Post by NicolaiMa »

Hi!

Sorry, i didn´t check the non-3D animation button into the game. Now it´s fixed, i can see everything (soviets included). Thank you, again.[&o]
marcus725

Post by marcus725 »

I have a question... How can I make the CL,DN,CVL,MT naval units available for purchase? Would be awesome if this is possible! [:D]
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

Hi Marcus,

For this you will have to make a custom campaign using the Editor.
Then you select campaign menu --> Country Data --> Unit Build Data.

you will see all units available for the campaign and you can change build limits at your wish

Rgds

Christophe
marcus725

Post by marcus725 »

Got it, Tried but seems I'm limited to the amount of units that can be in the menu for purchase in the game. I wanted all the units to be available for purchase. The units at the bottom of the unit purchase menu (naval units) end up on top of the box ( No scroll down available ) and won't let me select them for purchase? Is there a limitation for units available for purchase? Thanks you.
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

ORIGINAL: marcus725

Got it, Tried but seems I'm limited to the amount of units that can be in the menu for purchase in the game. I wanted all the units to be available for purchase. The units at the bottom of the unit purchase menu (naval units) end up on top of the box ( No scroll down available ) and won't let me select them for purchase? Is there a limitation for units available for purchase? Thanks you.

Did you made a custom campaign file using Editor with increased units (naval) limits?
In such case should work in game purchase screen (except you dont have enough MPP).

Another point is Some Units like Heavy tanks and Anti tank can be purchased only after a certain date.

Can you post a screenshot?
marcus725

Post by marcus725 »

SIPRES thank you for the help, I did create a custom campaign and all is well!

Go into the editor and go to Germany for example and check all of the units possible to be available for purchase. Save it and then load the custom campaign, start the game as axis and go to purchase screen you will see that the units at the bottom of the list will go out of the box and you can't select them for purchase.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”