Night Intruder Mission

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Bismarck2761

Night Intruder Mission

Post by Bismarck2761 »

I've read about this in the Forum but cannot figure it out. How, precisely, do you set up such a mission?

Thanks.
PaulWRoberts

RE: Night Intruder Mission

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Night Intruder missions are Air Superiority missions with Night Fighters (which of course are set to fly at night).
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Paul Roberts

Night Intruder missions are Air Superiority missions with Night Fighters (which of course are set to fly at night).

not quite - I got caught out by this [;)].

What the mission does is to send NFs over enemy bases where their night fighters/bombers land. The idea is you catch them at the end of an exhausting mission. So the Luftwaffe does it in the UK, the RAF can do it over Germany. You'll need to link it up with an airbase recon mission and try to guess which airbases are hosting planes that are being used at night .. so its tricky to get right.

To defend with NFs you simply put them on bases and the auto intercept routine allocates them. I'd strongly suggest keep each base to a single type and strip out fuel tanks ... this gives you some control over where they go to.
Bismarck2761

Post by Bismarck2761 »

Thanks Loki. Assuming you recon properly and guess right, though, do you still instigate the Intruder mission by setting an Air Superiority Directive with the Night Fighters?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”