Is anyone buying John Tiller games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

BaronJurgen

RE: Is anyone buying John Tiller games?

Post by BaronJurgen »

I enjoy the Panzer Campaigns and recently purchased Tunisia '43. I also have the HPS CD version of some of his games, but I have purchased other titles like East Prussia and have had no problems. They are very supportive.
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

I have Kharkov´43 (PzC); Campaign Overland (ACW); Kursk (Pz Battles); Bonaparte Peninsular war; East Prussia and Red Victory (SB).

I love the extraordinary historical research in any of JT titles. [&o]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Snap me too,and i alreay own Kursk Pz Battles.For me he one of the BEST!Period.
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

I found them extremely supportive,answered every single Email(Richie Hamilton)and if you ask nicely and are thinking of buying |Multiple Games they might even offer you a FREE game?that is if your already buying five!.Which is great.I never look a Gift horse in the mouth.And lets face it it isnt hard to pick FIVE Great JT games now is it!^^Especially with the Rubbish that has been released in the last few years by others..For me JT games dont seem to age :)
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Wargame Design Studio has done the Panzer battles games. They are available on the Tiller site.

I did a review of Normandy, Kursk, and their new demo.

http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.u ... ttles.html

http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.u ... nk-by.html

http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.u ... mandy.html
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: IckieStickie

For me he one of the BEST!Period.
Is he in the same league with Gary Grigsby and Sid Meier? Or somewhere above?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i get all the Napoleon tiller games, i am happy with their general style, i mean nicer graphics would be a plus but overall they are good - i have all but the peninsular series, but i will get that eventually. I am assured too that there will be a release based on the 1807 campaigns in Poland too which i look forward to
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi,

The new Tiller titles, do they have better graphics than the HPS versions?
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

I bought Campaign Overland last year. Not a particularly exciting game despite the incredibly huge map. Still prefer Campaign Gettysburg as the only "real" campaign in the series.

I'm a bit concerned that some of his patches are now for the JTS versions of the ACW and Napoleonic series. They won't work with the HPS versions and HPS hasn't provided equivalent patches yet. Campaign Waterloo and Campaign Antietam are examples of JTS only patches. I am not going to buy the JTS versions just to get the minor enhancements though despite my love for these games.

If you have the HPS version then JTS will provide you with a serial number when you update with their patch. Just send a note to JTS support. If you are in the HPS database and your in there as a purchaser of the game than they will send you a serial number. Otherwise you may need to send a photo of your CD.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Hi,

The new Tiller titles, do they have better graphics than the HPS versions?

No.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: nelmsm

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

I bought Campaign Overland last year. Not a particularly exciting game despite the incredibly huge map. Still prefer Campaign Gettysburg as the only "real" campaign in the series.

I'm a bit concerned that some of his patches are now for the JTS versions of the ACW and Napoleonic series. They won't work with the HPS versions and HPS hasn't provided equivalent patches yet. Campaign Waterloo and Campaign Antietam are examples of JTS only patches. I am not going to buy the JTS versions just to get the minor enhancements though despite my love for these games.

If you have the HPS version then JTS will provide you with a serial number when you update with their patch. Just send a note to JTS support. If you are in the HPS database and your in there as a purchaser of the game than they will send you a serial number. Otherwise you may need to send a photo of your CD.

I saw this, gut wrenching! Knowing she has passed on. But the info nelmsm gives is welcome.
berto

Post by berto »

There is a significant effort underway to upgrade the graphics of some, if not all, of the JTS game series.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: berto

There is a significant effort underway to upgrade the graphics of some, if not all, of the JTS game series.
Is Tiller himself involved with it?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
berto

Post by berto »

Not directly. WDS is. Will these be official graphics upgrades, not just mods? Yes.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

I bought Battles of Normandy not long ago. As for graphics, the old JT/Talonsoft Napoleonic and Civil War games sold on here still have not been surpassed and they are about 20 years old.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

The funny thing is after sinking money into Combat Mission Normandy and its addon's/engine upgrades, Ive come to realize that I enjoy Squad/Panzer battles/campaigns more.
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

The funny thing is after sinking money into Combat Mission Normandy and its addon's/engine upgrades, Ive come to realize that I enjoy Squad/Panzer battles/campaigns more.
Absolutely.

I downloaded the demo for CM2 a while back and there was a situation where I had a column of afvs and other vehicles moving down a road. There is no "plot" to just "follow" the lead vehicle. This was a disaster of gaming. It was unrealistic in my opinion. And it was tedious. There is so much fiddliness in virtually all of these real time systems that I just don't have the patience to deal with them. They work in certain limited ways, but the payoff is far less to me than the hassle of using them.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Squad Battles is so s close to being down right perfect tactical wargame..

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

JReb

Post by JReb »

Because of this thread, I was just looking at the Squad Battles product page and noticed a name from days gone by. Have not thought about this gentleman in a while but when I saw his name, I remembered all of the help he provided me and others thru the years with Steel Panthers and others. So just a quick shout out to a wargame legend, thanks for everything Wild Bill Wilder. You have not been forgotten.

Attachments
billwilder.jpg
billwilder.jpg (53.5 KiB) Viewed 201 times
My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Squad Battles is so s close to being down right perfect tactical wargame..
I don't have that one yet. Can you say something about it to maybe convert me from Steel Panthers series?

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”