OT - TOAWIII

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

OT - TOAWIII

Post by Icedawg »

Hello guys. I've been away from WITPAE for quite a bit - banned by the wife since it was consuming too much of my time :(. Since my banishment, I've tried a few other games - none of which have been able to hold a candle to WITPAE. One that I've recently picked up is Norm Koger's Operational Art of War III.

It seems like a great game, but the manual apparently needs an update (lots of game concepts that have been added in new versions don't show up in the in-game PDF manual). As a result, I've been looking for a player/strategy guide online or an active forum (the Matrix forum for the game doesn't have much going on), but haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone know of any such guide or forum?
btd64

RE: OT - TOAWIII

Post by btd64 »

Hey Icedawg, This one's for you.. Anyway, TOAW4 is in the works and will come with the new manual. Other than that, try to use the search function. And you know, there are SMALL scenarios.[;)]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Hey Icedawg, This one's for you.. Anyway, TOAW4 is in the works and will come with the new manual. Other than that, try to use the search function. And you know, there are SMALL scenarios.[;)]....GP

Hi General. I have tried searching, but Google isn't giving me much. I've looked over the Matrix forum and there's not much of a point of using the search function - there are only two pages worth of threads, and none of the thread titles sound like they'd be that relevant to my particular questions.

While I have your ear, one particular question I have is this. What do "AT%" and "AP%" mean? They show up in the green pop-up window, so I suppose they must mean something moderately important, but they don't appear in the manual.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Easy, AT= Anti-Tank, AP= Anti-Personel, percentages....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Thanks. So different types of terrain offer different types of advantages, not just a generic/uniform modifier for all types of combat? Nice feature! Makes you plan your attacks/defense in a bit more detail.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Correct....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Icedawg, wife is right. Stick to her counsel. Don't try your luck too much. It is not worthy of.

Besides, so nice she's somehow participant of your gaming-history passion.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”