Failed to Create Random Campaign

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

Gerry4321

Failed to Create Random Campaign

Post by Gerry4321 »

I was trying to create the first infantry campaign and got this error. Not a big deal at the moment as I have plenty going on.

Is this the campaign that has the Glinki scenario that Mad Russian did an AAR for?

Attachments
RCG.jpg
RCG.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 616 times
rickier65

RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

I was trying to create the first infantry campaign and got this error. Not a big deal at the moment as I have plenty going on.

Is this the campaign that has the Glinki scenario that Mad Russian did an AAR for?

No, I don't believe that battle is in the first infantry campaign.

I'll have to check on that error, because it isn't one of the trapped errors.

Thanks!
Rick

Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

BTW I leave the defaults and hit Build Campaign and the error pops up. Also get it when I X out of the build screen. Don't know if that helps. Thanks for checking.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I wasn't able to duplicate that error, but I looked at the code and it looks like it is having trouble reading a file from one of the sub-folders, Data/Infantry folder. But it's just trying to read the folder. You might check that that folder is there and readable. If it isn't then you should have problems playing the game as well, because that folder is accessed A LOT.

Let me know,

Thanks
Rick
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello: I won't be at that computer for a few days but it sounds like it is not the problem as I can play the game - just cannot generate any campaign.

Any chance you could generate the first infantry campaign for me with the defaults and send it to me so I can see what they are like?

Gerry
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Just now got PCO installed on my Windows 10 machine and I could generate a campaign on it!.

Do you think I can just copy that .xml file to my Windows 7 machine and it should work (I assume so as xml is a standard). If so, please ignore my request for you to generate a campaign for me.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Just now got PCO installed on my Windows 10 machine and I could generate a campaign on it!.

Do you think I can just copy that .xml file to my Windows 7 machine and it should work (I assume so as xml is a standard). If so, please ignore my request for you to generate a campaign for me.

It wouldn't be that easy. There are quite a few files you would have to copy over. And they need to go in a few different places. Are you unable to generate any of the Random Campaigns? One of the simplest ones is the 3rd Pz. You can create it with as few as 4 battles if I recall.

Thanks
Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Hello: I won't be at that computer for a few days but it sounds like it is not the problem as I can play the game - just cannot generate any campaign.

Any chance you could generate the first infantry campaign for me with the defaults and send it to me so I can see what they are like?

Gerry

Do you use JSGME? (Jonesoft Mod Enabler). It is an easy tool for modding games. The reason I ask is that random campaigns are made up of quite a few files and they have to be placed in several different folders. JSGME would simplify that.

Thanks
Rick

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Also, are you able to run the RBG? (Random Battle Generator). you could try that from the game menu's and see if it is working correctly.

Thanks
Rick
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Yes I can use JSGME. Are you saying I could use it to port a campaign to another machine?

Return to “Tech Support”