Maximum Number of People & Regimes

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

GaryChildress

Maximum Number of People & Regimes

Post by GaryChildress »

What are the maximums for the number of regimes we can use in a scenario and what is the maximum number of peoples? I thought it was 14 regimes and 8 people, but I notice that GD1938 uses 22 different peoples. I had thought that 8 was the limit the game could use so I've been limiting my scenarios to 8. However, if more are possible that would make things much better.
ernieschwitz

RE: Maximum Number of People & Regimes

Post by ernieschwitz »

A random scenario can handle only 14 regimes, in total, and I believe as many people as you like (more or less anyway). There is no fixed limit on the amount of regimes in a stand-alone-scenario, rather it is determined by RAM (of the program 2GB in total if i recall), and the people can be as many as you want, basically.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Awesome! Thanks!
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Actually, random games can only handle 7 peoples. These are controlled in the Settings/Rulevars/Random Map Instructions, e.g. rulevar 422 "Regime Class A - Officer Stringlist ID". These go up to Class G, and are used to generate random maps. There is also the "Extra Regime Class (H)" in rulvar 494-497, but I am not sure how you can turn that on. With these rulvars associated with each regime class, you can specify people, extra graphic, and stringlists that control regime names and the algorithm for generating officers. These are the only way to get peoples into the random game engine.

You can change these as you like. For example a random scenario with only European peoples, or Asian, etc.

Once the random map is made, you can also write an event that changes just about everything for a regime except the stringlist ID specifying the algorithm for officer generation. You have to do that by hand.

The total number of peoples is probably unlimted. However, there is a limit of 99 people groups. These are in GroupNames/PeopleGroups. When you create a people, they are placed in a PeopleGroup. PeopleGroups are used to control production at LocTypes (like cities) that have a specific people, but may be owned by other peoples. An example might be creating German and Austrian peoples that share the German PeopleGroup. This way, Austrian cities would produce normally when controlled by a German people regime. The units would all have Austrian as their people, which would be treated as a separate SFT in a unit; meaning a German and Austrian rifle SFT would take up two slots in the unit.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ah, thanks for clearing that up Ormand :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Where are people groups located in the game stuff. I opened up one and don't see it listed.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

They are located in the "Setng" button and in the "Property Sheets" window you will see a list. The first one is "Group Names". Click on this, and in the window in the lower letft, is a list of all the Groups in the game, beginning with the "MoveGroup" elements. Scroll down, and the third group in the list is "PeopleGroup". These are the "core" peoples in the game. Basically, the people set in the "Ppl" tab have on of these groups assigned to them. They control how production is done. If you look at window at the bottom of the peoples page, there is the "Owned by PeopleGroup modifiers" matrix. This specifies morale, modifiers fighting for or against other PeopleGroups, and production modifiers for the four different types of production "Prd", "Prd2", "Prd3", "Prd4". Each item that can be produced has one of these. (You see can see how interconnected everything in this game is!).
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I did not find owned by people group in settings or people. and clicking on a people group only allows you to chnage the group nothing else.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I did not find owned by people group in settings or people. and clicking on a people group only allows you to chnage the group nothing else.

"Owned by" is under the Ppl tab in the editor.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”